Windows Registry is a hierarchical database that stores configuration settings and options on Microsoft Windows operating system. It provides a means to access counters for profiling system performance. If errors happened to the Registry, Windows would encounter BSOD, DLL errors, and other boot issues. Here we describe the causes and types of registry errors and how to fix registry errors in Windows 8.1/8/7 in details.
- 1. Causes of Windows 8.1/8/7 Registry Errors
- 2. Types of Windows 8.1/8/7 Registry Errors
- 3. Effects of Registry Errors Windows 8.1/8/7
- 4. Windows 8.1/8/7 Registry Repair
- Improperly uninstalled applications that leave registry entries and the entries can cause start-up problems;
- Infected with viruses, Trojans, and spyware which install registry entries difficult to remove manually;
- Unnecessary files on Windows 8.1/8/7 that use system resources with no extra benefit.
- Computer crashes and displays Blue Screen of Death;
- DLL errors – applications lost vital DLL files that run the executable files of the applications;
- Registry start-up errors – start-up items are missing or improperly configured.
As the registry is the central configuration center for programs and system components, it will cause many issues if registry errors happen.
- The overall system slows down;
- Applications slow down, freeze, and even crash;
- Reconfigure boot options and prevent PC from booting up like blue screen of death;
- Cause network errors when there are malware entries creating network intrusions.
To solve the registry error in Windows 8.1/8/7, you can restore the system (Navigate "Control Panel>System Restore"), which however will wipe data saved on your computer.
Or you can use registry errors repair tool (Windows Boot Genius) (Strongly Recommended) for Windows 8.1/8/7 registry error blue screen fix as well as Windows freezing, crashing and other boot issues.
The performance of this registry error repair tool is very simple. Below is the detailed guide:
- Free download Windows Boot Genius and install it on a normally bootable PC.Get Windows Boot Genius NowBuy Now
- Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive into the bootable PC and launch the program. Select burning device and click "Burn".
- After burning, insert the burned bootable CD/DVD/USB flash drive into the PC with registry errors and set BIOS for USB (or set BIOS for CD/DVD).
- Then follow the steps on Windows Boot Genius interface and your actual problem to fix registry errors in Windows 8.1/8/7 or recover registry.
Above four tips explain to you registry errors in Windows 8.1/8/7 and how to fix it. If you think they are helpful, don't forget to share with your friends. If you still have questions about them, contact with us by leaving messages in the following Comment box.