Forgot iPhone backup password? iTunes asked you to enter the password to unlock your iPhone backup file but you have never set? From various forums and communities, we can figure out that there are many iTunes users facing problems of “iPhone backup password lost”. If you are a Windows user and unfortunately encounter the same problem, you should read this article carefully. Here we list a way and a free Windows iPhone backup unlocker for you to decrypt iPhone backup password on Windows.
1. Free Way to Unlock iPhone Backup on Windows – Try All Possible Passwords
Before starting to find a program to unlock encrypted backup for iPhone on Windows, you can try the passwords below:
- Try the default password “0000”;
- Your Apple ID password;
- The 4 digit lock code for your iPhone device;
- The password used to log into your computer ( if you have set );
- The password of your E-mail that you are using or once used;
- Wi-Fi password;
- Password to access a certain website, like YouTube, Yahoo, Facebook, etc.;
- Passwords of other applications.
2. Download Free iPhone Backup Unlocker for Windows (Free Trial) to Unlock iPhone Backup Password on Windows Free
If you use Way 1 and still can’t recall your iPhone backup password, you will need the help of free Windows iPhone backup unlocker software. Here we introduce you iPhone Backup Unlocker. Free download iPhone Backup Unlocker and follow the guide below on how to unlock iphone backup password on windows free.
- After installing iPhone Backup Unlocker on your computer where your iPhone backup file is located, launch it. Then click “Add” and double-click the file you lost password of.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack, Dictionary Attack.
- Click on “Start” button on the interface of this free Windows iPhone backup unlocker utility to start password cracking.
- Within minutes, your iPhone backup password will be revealed in the following box. Copy it to unlock your encrypted backup file.
Above two ways are used to unlock encrypted red iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/6 Plus/5s/5c/5/4s/4 backup file. If you backed up your iPhone with iTunes on Mac and are looking for free Mac iPhone backup unlocker, click here.