For a long time, many iOS users has been troubled by the problem of forgetting backup password. Sometimes, you keep sensitive information on your device so you lock it using a password to protect it but forgot the password promptly. When comes to restore, iTunes won't allow you to restore without password. This really drives you crazy. So, how to remove forgotten backup password?
In fact, to remove forgotten iTunes backup password isn't something difficult. Here I introduce efficient methods for you to remove forgotten iOS backup password on Windows and on Mac. Just read on, please.Free Download
Part 1: How to Remove Forgotten iPhone/iPad/iPod Backup Password on Windows
We know that Apple itself doesn't offer any way for us to remove encrypted iPhone backup password but you can use third party software iPhone Backup Unlocker to disable backup password easily.
To get started, you need to free download iPhone Backup Password Unlocker and installed it in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone/iPad/iPod backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your lost password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Part 2: How to Remove Forgotten iPhone/iPad/iPod Backup Password on Mac
Mac users have a chance to remove lost iPhone backup password with Keychain Utility (A program in Mac computers containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc.).
- Open Keychain Access, located in /Applications/Utilities/.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "iphone backup". (Or "ipad backup", "ipod backup".)
- Double click the result, assuming something is found in Keychain.
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
Now, you must have a clear idea about how to remove forgotten iOS backup password on Windows and on Mac. If you are in a hurry to turn off the backup password, just use iPhone Backup Unlocker to get your lost password back instantly.