iTunes kept to ask you for a password that is really annoying. So is there any way to delete iTunes backup password? iTunes offers the option for you to protect you backup file by encrypting it but doesn't give you an chance to delete password for iTunes Backup when you forgot it.
Although iTunes doesn't allow you to remove iTunes backup password, you still have an option to find the password to iTunes backup file with third party software called iTunes Password Unlocker. After finding your forgotten iTunes backup password, you can easily restore from it and then backup your iOS device again without setting up password protection. In fact, this is also a way to turn off iTunes backup password.Free Download
How to Delete iTunes Backup Password with iTunes Password Unlocker
iTunes Backup Unlocker can easily unlock password to iTunes backup file and supports all iOS devices including iPhone 7/7Plus/6S/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, iPad Pro/mini 4/3/2/min, iPod and all versions of iTunes including the latest iTunes 12.6. Just free download and install iTunes Password Unlocker on your computer.
Here is how to:
- Run iTunes Password Unlocker and click on "Open" on the main interface to import your password protected backup file.
- Select an attack type to unlock iPhone password backup files.(Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack.)
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Now you can restore from the backup with the password you just find. And next time when you backup to iTunes, remember to uncheck the option "Encrypt iPhone backup" to remove iTunes backup password.
Additional tips: How to Uncheck Encrypt iPhone Backup?
Though iTunes doesn't give you a chance to delete the iTunes Backup password you have set, you can reset iTunes to make a fresh backup without encryption. Follow these steps to uncheck Encrypt iPhone backup:
- Delete any Mail Exchange accounts on the iPhone.
- Delete old encrypted backups from iTunes.
Use iExplorer or ssh to delete the file /private/var/Keychains/Keychain-2.db from the iOS filesystem.Note: this step will clear stored passwords from your device.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Connect the iPhone to your computer and open iTunes.
- Uncheck the box next to Encrypt iPhone backup.
To sum up, we have talked about how to delete iTunes backup password with iTunes Password Unlocker and a useful tip about how to uncheck encrypt iPhone backup. If you have any other questions, please be free to tell me.