Hi, guys, today I wanna share with you my experience to restore iPhone backup password with 3 easy ways to help you deal with encrypted iPhone backup problem.
Yesterday, I had restored my phone to an old point to get some lost data and when I tried to restore it back to my most recent backup it asked for a password. I have no idea about what the password is for my iPhone backup. You can't imagine how annoyed I was, because without the password, iTunes won't allow restoring from backup and the data will be unrecoverable.
Then I search the Internet and found out many people have encrypted iPhone backup problems. Below I share top 3 ways to restore encrypted iPhone backup password, hoping these methods will help you.
Top 1: Try Any Possible Passwords
This is the first attempt to find iPhone restore backup password. Before trying any other ways, try every password that is likely to be the right password first. This has helped a lot of people get back their lost password but I failed to use this way. (Also doesn't work for you? Go to Method 2 for help.)
- The 4 digit unlock code for your iPad mini with Retina display.
- The password of your iTunes Store account.
- Try the password of your iCloud account.
- Other password such as Windows login password, email password, MS Exchange account password etc.
Top 2: Restore iPhone Backup Password Windows with iPhone Backup Unlocker
This is what I use to restore password to unlock iPhone backup and it proves to work well. iPhone Backup Unlocker is a professional password restore tool for iTunes backup file. It can easily help you restore iPhone backup file password with 3 powerful password attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.
To get started, free download iPhone Backup Unlocker on your PC.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone/iPad/iPod backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your iPhone backup password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Top 3: Restore Encrypted iPhone Backup on Mac Using with Keychain Utility
Mac users can also try to retrieve iPhone backup password in Keychain utility, a program in Mac containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc.
- Open the Keychain Access utility from /Application/Utilities, making sure that on the left side "All items" is selected under categories
- In the upper right search field enter "iphone" and then look for a keychain item named "iPhone Backup" of kind "application password". If there is no such item, you´re mostly out of luck
- Double click on the "iPhone Backup" entry and in the new window that will open, click on the "show password" checkbox.
- Enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
This is what I experience to restore iPhone backup password. Share them to people around you to help them solve encrypted backup password problems.