Forgetting iPhone 5s backup password is painful as Apple doesn't offer us a direct way to reset forgotten iPhone 5s backup password. If you forgot iPhone 7/7 Plus/6s/6/5s/5 backup password, you can only perform a full software restore and when iTunes prompts you to select the backup from which to restore, choose set up as a new device. But in this way, you'll lose the data in your backup file.
Luckily, with a third party program iPhone Backup Unlocker, you needn't worry at all if you forgot iPhone 5s backup file password. It can easily unlock password protected iPhone 5s backup file with three powerful password crack methods: Brute Force Attack, Brute-Force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.Free Download
How to Reset Forgotten iPhone 5s Backup Password with iPhone Backup Unlocker?
No matter how complicated your password is; iPhone Backup Unlocker can easily find your forgotten password within several minutes. To get started, you need to download and install iPhone Backup Unlocker free trial in a Windows computer. (Update: this method can also be applied to (RED) iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus.)
Below is a detailed guide about how to use iPhone Backup Unlocker to find your forgotten iPhone 5s backup password.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Open" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock iPhone 5s backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Additional Tips: How to Avoid Forgetting iPhone 5s Backup Password?
Keeping tracks with all passwords is difficult. Sometimes you simple forgot iPhone 5s backup file password or misplace one. Here I offer some tips for you to avoid forgetting password on iPhone 5s backup file.
- 1. Always remember to write down your newly created account user ID and password on a piece of paper and keep it in a safe place.
- 2. You can use password managers to make a list of all your passwords. It will keep track of your passwords.
Now with the password you found with iPhone Backup Unlocker, you can continue to restore from the backup as you normally do. Don't forget to share iPhone Backup Password with your friends to help them if they lost iPhone 5s backup password.