iTunes offers us a convenient way to backup important iPhone data and thoughtfully allows us to encrypt the backup file for security. However, sometimes you forgot password to unlock the backup file for your iPhone 5s or iTunes sets a password to your backup file without your knowing; then you'll need to find iPhone 7/6/5s backup password to restore since iTunes won't allow you to restore without the password. This article lists 2 efficient ways for you to find lost iPhone 5s backup password to restore.Free Download
Method 1: Using Keychain Utility
Mac users may be familiar with Keychain Utility, a program in Mac computers containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc. You can use it to find iPhone 5s encrypted backup password to restore but the success rate depends on the usage of Keychain in your Mac OS X.
- Open the Keychain Access utility from /Application/Utilities. Make sure that on the left side "All items" is selected under categories.
- In the upper right search field enter "iphone" and then look for a keychain item named "iPhone Backup" of kind "application password". (If there is no such item, turn to Method 2 to find iPhone 5s restore backup password.)
- Double click on the "iPhone Backup" entry and in the new window that will open, click on the "show password" checkbox.
- Enter your password (the one your user has on your Mac) to show the iPhone backup password; click Allow (once).
iPhone Backup Unlocker is a professional tool to find iPhone 5s restore backup password on Windows PC. It offers 3 powerful password crack methods to iPhone 5s backup password to restore with 100% guarantee and offer you an option to delete password from your encrypted iTunes backup which iTunes can't do.
To get started, you need to free download iPhone Backup Password Unlocker and installed it in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your lost password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
That's all for how to find password to restore iPhone 5s. If you are in a hurry to find lost iPhone 5s backup password to restore, you can simply get iPhone Backup Unlocker and have a try now.