-- Apple Community
Forgetting password for iPhone 5s backup file is painful because you won't be able to restore from the backup and Apple only offers you a way to perform a full software restore and choose set up as a new device. No wonder so many iPhone 5s users ask for a way to recover iPhone 5s encrypted backup password without erasing data and factory restore. In this article, I will introduce 3 efficient methods for you to recover lost password to iPhone 5s backup.Free Download
Method 1: Try Any Possible Passwords
Before shedding tears for your locked backup, try every password that is likely to be the right password to your iPhone 5s backup file. In fact, this has helped a lot of people get back their lost password. (Doesn't work for you? Go to Method 2 for help.)
- The 4 digit unlock code for your iPad mini with Retina display.
- The password of your iTunes Store account.
- Try the password of your iCloud account.
- Other password such as Windows login password, email password, MS Exchange account password etc.
Although Apple doesn't offer any tools for us to recover forgotten iPhone 5s backup file password, a third party iPhone Backup Unlocker can easily help you recover iPhone 5s backup file password with 3 powerful password attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.
To get started, you need to free download iPhone Backup Password Unlocker and installed it in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker. Click on "Add" and then double click on the file you lost password from the drop-down box to import your password protected iPad backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to recover iPhone 5s backup password PC. After several minutes, your lost password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Additionally, iPhone Backup Unlocker now also supports you to deleted password from your encrypted backup which iTunes can't do.
Method3: Recover iPhone 5s Backup Password Mac with Keychain Utility
Mac users may be familiar with Keychain utility the program containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc.
- Open Keychain Access, located in /Applications/Utilities/.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "iphone backup".
- Double click the result, assuming something is found in Keychain.
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
We have covered the 3 most efficient ways for iPhone 5s backup password recovery. If you unfortunately forgot the password to unlock your backup file, just have a try.