What Is Parental Controls in Windows 8?
The Parental Controls in Windows 8 is a computer usage management tool to help parents manage their children's usage on computer in Windows 8, as well as protect children's safety online. By using the functions of Parental Controls in Windows 8, parents can set limits on the hours children use the computer, the games they can play, and the programs they can run, etc.
How to Set Up Parental Controls in Windows 8?
Setting up Parental Controls in Windows 8 is beneficial for both parents and children. Stop searching "how do I set up Parental Controls in Windows 8" in the internet for answers any longer. Here I will show you the easiest way to enable Parental Controls in Windows 8 on your computer.
Before you are going to enable Parental Controls in Windows 8, there are some important things you should note.
- 1. To set up Parental Controls in Windows 8 for your children, you need your own administrator user account.
- 2. Each child for whom you want to set up Parental Controls needs a standard user account because Parental Controls can only be applied to standard user accounts.
- 3. If you forget your windows 8 password, you can try Windows 8 Password Recovery Tool to help you recover passwords for local administrator and other user accounts.
OK, let's start to set up Windows 8 Parental Controls on your computer:
- Start up your computer. If your Windows 8 isn't accessible after start up, you can check why Windows 8 won't start and fix this issue.
- Click the Start button , and "Control Panel".
- Click "Set up parental controls for any user" under User Accounts and Family Safety. Type your administrator password or provide confirmation if you are prompted for administrator password or confirmation.
- Click the standard user account that you want to set Parental Controls for.
Note: If you haven't set up the standard user account, then click "Create a new user account" to set up a new one.
- I: Click "Time limits". In the grid, click and drag the hours you want to block or allow. You can set various logon hours for every day of the week. If your children are logged on when their allotted times ends, they will be automatically logged off.
- II: Click "Games". Choose an age-rating level, the types of content you want to block, and games which you want to allow or block.
Note: Parental Controls can be set to block most games, except those your computer can't recognize. You can add the game to the list of blocked programs manually.
- III: click "Allow or Block specific programs". Click "Person's name can only use the programs I allow", and select the programs that you want to allow.
Note: If the program you want doesn't appear in the list, click "Browse" to locate the program.
How to Add Additional Parental Controls?
Besides the basic controls Window 8 offers, you can also add additional parental controls from other service providers to manage your children's usage on the computer.
- Install the controls you want to add from a separate service provider.
- Open Parental Controls by clicking "Start" button, "Control Panel", "Set up parental controls for any user".
- Select the provider for the controls you want to add in the "Select a provider" box under "Additional controls".
- Click the user account that you want to add the additional controls to.
- Set up the additional controls by following the instructions on the screen.
After you set up Windows 8 Parental Controls on computer, it is strongly recommended that you should change Windows 8 administrator password regularly to secure your management on your computer so that you can also set your heart at reset without constantly peeking over your children's shoulders. Why not do it now?
How to Turn off Parental Controls in Windows 8
If you want to bypass or override Parental Control in Windows 8 on an Administrator Account , please follow the steps:
- 1. Go to the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- 2. Click User Accounts.
- 3. Click Parental Controls.
- 4. Click on your account photo.
- 5. Choose Parental control off.
World's 1st Windows Password Recovery Software to Reset Windows Administrator & User Password.Free Download Free Download