Nowadays, people are used to backing up digital information from computer to an USB drive for later use or free some memory space. Microsoft has also accepted the flow and allowed users to create bootable USB from ISO on Windows 10. When some unexpected system errors occur and the computer gets stuck in blue/black screen or won’t boot up, a bootable USB or CD drive would be a life saver. Let’s see how to make a bootable Windows 10 DVD Drive from ISO file.
Microsoft has a default tool called Media Creation Tool that is able to create USB media to boot on a device using UEFI. You can download this tool and follow the steps below to check how it works.
- Double click the MediaCreationTool.exe file to launch the tool, click “Accept”.
- Then you’ll be asked what you want to do, choose “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC from the options.
- Then follow the Setup to select language, architecture and edition, click “Next” to go on.
- Select “USB flash drive” and click “Next”.
- Now you can choose an USB drive from computer and click “Next”, the Media Creation Tool will download files to install Windows 10 to the external hard drive.
If you failed to make a bootable drive using the Media Creation Tool, or the media burnt is not working, try to use Rufus tool, a popular Windows 10 bootable flash drive tool to burn Windows 10 ISO files to USB efficiently.
- Download Rufus and double click Rufus-x.xx.exe file to launch the tool.
- Plug in the USB flash drive and find the option “Create a bootable USB drive”.
- Now select an ISO image from the menu that follows.
- Click the button next to the menu and choose the Windows 10 ISO which you want to install.
- Hit “Start” and the software will start creating bootable USB drive.
The above methods are too complicated for you and want to find an easy way to burn Windows 10 ISO files to USB? Try Windows Password Recovery Tool, an effective tool to create a bootable CD/DVD/USB on Windows 10/8/7 without requiring any technical skills.
- Download and run Windows Password Recovery Tool on your computer and insert a flash drive to computer. Choose the CD/DVD or USB drive you want to burn the ISO file and click “Burn”.
- The software will inform that all the data on your drive will be wiped, remember to back up the data and click “Yes” to start formatting USB drive and extracting ISO files.
- Within one minute, the process will complete and your Windows 10 ISO will have been burnt successfully.
This article has shown you how to copy windows 10 ISO file to USB with detailed steps. If you have similar question like how to create Windows 10 bootable USB from ISO on Mac or using cmd/Ubuntu, contact us by commenting below.