What to do when you forgot Acer laptop Windows 10/8/7 password? Some people may suggest you to factory reset it, some people may recommend Windows recovery disk, while others, present the Windows password recovery tool to you. Therefore, in order to know them well, we will collect the means in details and share them with you in this article.
There is a program named eRecovery Management in Acer laptop. You can use it to restore Acer to factory default settings. And it is worth mentioning that your Acer disk partition can't be damaged if you would like to use this eRecovery program. Now let's see how to use it as below.
- Step 1: Launch Acer laptop and then you are going to see the Acer screen gradually, at this time, press F2 to enter BIOS screen quickly. After that, the main option will appear, you can being to set D2D Recovery as "Enabled". Then press F10 and exit BIOS setting.
- Step 2: While the Acer screen turns up, hold "Alt+F10" until you see "Acer eRecovery Managerment" option appears. Just select it and press Enter button. Then you are about to see "Restore System to Factory Default Settings", that is what we want to find.
- Step 3: Then the computer will begin system restore. Wait for a moment and then it will prompt "Recovery has been completed" when it is finished.
Acer system recovery disc is a another way to restore computer when you forgot Windows login password. While using this method, you need to prepare a CD or DVD-ROM. Otherwise, you have to connect external optical drive. Remember that you can get this system recovery disk when you buy the Microsoft Windows 10/8/7 system. Now you can see the simple guide as following.
- Step 1: Initiate Acer computer and press F2 to enter BIOS rapidly while the Acer logo appears. Then you will see the Boot and Advanced BIOS feature.
- Step 2: In this steps, you need to set up internal or external USB drive as the first boot drive. Then insert system disk to your Acer computer.
- Step 3: Save all the settings and then reboot the computer from recovery disc while pressing Enter button.
Is there only 2 solutions when we forgot Windows login password? Of course not! Except those methods, we can also make use of Windows Password Recovery Tool to deal with password problem. This is a renowned program to unlock password when you lost Windows local or Microsoft account login password in your computer. You can see how to use it from the next paragraph.
- Step 1: Download Windows Password Recovery Tool and then install it to another accessible computer. You have to use another machine in order to rescue your locked Acer laptop in this way. Then launch it and to see the main interface of this software.
- Step 2: Insert an external drive such as CD/DVD/USB to this program and click the burn button. In this process, you can choose Quick Recovery or Advanced Recovery Wizard.
- Step 3: Take out the drive and insert it to your locked machine. Enter BIOS setting by clicking F2/F10/Delete in your locked Acer laptop. Then change it to boot from your external drive. Then exit BIOS setting. Wait for a moment, you will see the Windows Password Recovery Tool interface.
- Step 4: Now you can choose the locked account that is password forgotten. And then change or remove the account password successfully. At last, exit this software, reboot the Acer and login your account as usual.
In fact, no matter what method it is, as long as it is able to cope with your Acer laptop password forgot problem resoundingly, it is a good and practical solution for the reference. Thus, now just follow your heart and have a try!