Windows 8.1, as the update of Windows 8, fixes many of the perceived problems of the first version but still doesn't have the login password reset problem totally solved. So what if forgot password to log on Windows 8.1 or you lost password after Windows 8.1 update? In this article, we list top 4 handy methods for how to reset 8.1 password. Read on please.
Method 1: Use Windows Password Recovery to Reset Password when Forgot Windows 8.1 Local Admin Password
Windows Password Recovery Tool is a stand-out Windows 8.1 password reset tool that doesn't rely on any previously-created password reset disk or require to login as the administrator. You can easily and securely reset your password no matter you can't remember password for local account or Microsoft account. It will take you no longer than 5 minutes with nearly 100% success rate guaranteed.
Windows Password Recovery now fully supports various brands of desktops, laptops including Dell, HP, IBM, Sony, Lenovo, ASUS, etc. It will be a great helper when you forgot windows 8.1 administrator password or local password. (You can read about more details about administrator password recovery Windows 8.1/8 here.)
- Free download and install Windows Password Recovery tool on a workable computer.
- Insert a CD/DVD disk or USB flash to the workable computer. Then create a password reset disk either with Quick Recovery or Advanced Recovery Wizard.
- Take out the password reset disk and insert it into your locked computer. Remember to set BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD-ROM/USB. If your computer with Windows 8.1 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly.
- After that, the program will appear on your screen. Select the target Windows system and user account you want to reset and click "Next".
- Click "Reboot" to remove the Windows 8.1 password. Now you can choose to reboot your computer and sign in your Windows 8.1 without any password.
World's 1st Windows Password Recovery Software to Reset Windows Administrator & User Password.Free Download Free Download
This method requires you have a password reset disk created before you forgot password to login Windows 8.1. (Learn about how to create Windows password reset disk.)
- Click Reset Windows Password on the login screen, and then insert Windows password reset disk.
- Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
- Log on with the new creative password.
Method 3: Use another Admin Account to Reset Password When Forgot Windows 8.1 Password
If you forgot windows 8.1 local password, you can use another admin account to recover forgotten Windows 8.1 password. Turn toWindows Password Recovery tool if you don't have another admin account.
- Log on your Windows 8.1 PC as administrator.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings window, type user accounts in the search box, and then click on User Accounts in the search results.
- Click on Manage another account one the coming User Accounts window. Select the account you want to reset password of.
- Type a new password for the selected user account, type it again to confirm it, type a password hint and then click Change password button.
Method 4: Use Command Prompt to Reset Password When Forgot Windows 8.1 Password
If you can sign into your Windows 8.1 using another admin account, you can also hack windows 8.1 password using cmd command prompt. Go back to Windows Password Recovery tool if you don't have another admin account.
- Press "Win Key+R" and type "cmd" in the "Run" command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
- Type the command "net user UserName NewPassword", in the command prompt and hit "Enter".. If you want to remove this password, just replace NewPassword with *.
Method 5: Contact Microsoft to Recover Forgotten Microsoft Account
Windows 8.1 alllows you to log in with different accounts, you can set a Microsoft Account as logon password. But if you lost or forgot Microsoft Account, Microsoft provides ways to reset Windows 8.1 password and get the locked and hacked account back for free.
Now we have introduced top 5 handy methods for you to recover lost 8.1 password. Hope it helps and feel free to leave your comment if any questions.