Forgot Windows 8 administrator password? Without the admin password, you can't install software, update drivers and do anything requiring administrator privilege. Is there any way to recover Windows 8 administrator password? Of course, there is. This article list 3 methods for you to recover Windows 8 admin password. Just read on please.
Method 1: Reset Windows 8 Administrator Password with Windows Password Hint
When setting up a password for your admin account, you have the option to create a password hint to help you remember the password if you forgot or lost it. The password hint will display when you enter the wrong forgotten Windows 8 password.
If you still can't remember your Windows 8 admin password after trying every possible one, turn directly to Windows 8 Password Recovery Tool mentioned latter in this article to crack Windows 8 administrator password straightforwardly.
Method 2: Hack Windows 8 Administrator Password with Password Reset Wizard
Password Reset Wizard is the built-in function of Windows 8 (as well as Windows 7/Vista/XP). It is an easy way to recover Windows 8 admin password but requires previously-created password boot disk for recovering Windows 8 administrator . (Learn about how to create a Windows 8 password reset disk.)
- Sign in Windows 8 with the wrong password. Click on "Reset password" after it says Windows 8 password incorrect.
- After the password reset wizard appears, insert your password reset disk to the computer.
- Change Windows 8 administrator password step-by-step follow the prompts.
Method 3: Remove Windows 8 Administrator Password with Third Party Software
Searching from Internet, you can find many Windows password removal software programs. But a few of them support to remove Windows 8 admin password. Here I recommend Windows Password Recovery Tool which can reset administrator password for both local account and Microsoft account. Of course, it suports recovering standard user password as well.
Here I'll show you how to crack Windows 8 admin password with Windows 8 Administrator Password Recovery:
World's 1st Windows Password Recovery Software to Reset Windows Administrator & User Password.Free Download Free Download
- Free download and install Windows 8 Administrator Password Recovery on any computer you can access to.
- Burn a Windows 8 password reset disk by inserting a CD/DVD disk or USB flash to the accessible computer. Then create a password reset disk either with Quick Recovery or Advanced Recovery Wizard.
- Take out the password reset disk and insert it into your locked computer. Now you need to set BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD-ROM/USB. If your computer with Windows 8 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly.
- After that, Windows 8 Administrator Password Recovery will appear on your screen. Select the target Windows system and administrator account you want to reset and click "Next".
- Click "Reboot" to remove your forgotten Windows 8 admin password. After the process, you can log in your Windows 8 without any password.
Resetting Windows 8 administrator password is easy with Windows Password Recovery Tool and the other two methods: Windows Password hint and Password Reset Wizard are also for your reference.