HP Envy is one of the most popular laptops for its light weight and stylish design. Enjoying playing intense games and watching high definition movies with HP Envy is really awesome, but forgetting password on HP Envy really drives you crazy. You have to reset HP Envy password to login to your account again. This article will go into how to reset password on HP Envy notebook easily.Free Download Free Download
Top 1: Reset HP Envy Password with Password Reset Disk
Password Reset disk is most commonly used tool to reset HP Envy password on laptop. When you created a password for your laptop, Windows will prompt you to create a password reset disk in case that you forgot password on HP Envy.
Here are the steps on how to reset password on hp envy with password reset disk.
- Enter the wrong password on the logon screen.
- Click "OK" on the Windows Security logon error windows.
- Select "Reset password …" below the password entry field and insert your Password Rest Disk when prompted.
- Select the drive containing the password reset key file, and click "Next".
- Type a new password twice and enter a hint to help you remember the password.
- Click "Next" to accept the choices, then click "Finish" to close the Wizard.
After HP Envy password reset, you can use the new password to login to your computer.
Top 2: Reset HP Envy Password via Windows Password Recovery Tool
Windows Password Recovery Tool is another commonly used way to recover HP Envy password especially for people having no password reset disk. It is perfectly compatible with all HP Envy models such as HP Envy 13, 14, 15 and 17 models, HP Envy x2, Envy Dv6/7, HP Envy Ultrabook, and Spectre 13, etc.
Note: As this Windows password reset software provides 4 different versions, you need to be careful when downloading. If what you need to reset is local account password, the cheapest standard version is OK. But if you want to reset Microsoft account password, you have to download the ultimate version.
- Create a password reset disk. Insert a CD/DVD disk or USB flash to an accessible computer. Specify the CD / USB burning drive and click "Burn".
- Insert the newly created password reset disk into your locked laptop. Remember to set your laptop to boot from the CD/DVD-ROM/USB. Please pay attention to that if your HP Envy computer is preinstalled with Windows 8/8.1, you need to disable UEFI Secure Boot before setting the BIOS.
- Select the Windows system user account you forgot the password and click "Next".
- Click "Reboot" to recover your forgotten HP Envy password. And now you can log in your laptop without any password.
Using either way mentioned in this article, you can easily restore password on HP Envy laptop and any other Windows computers. Now I will show you how to create a password reset disk for your laptop, so that you can easily reset HP Envy password with the password reset disk if you forgot the password next time.
- Insert a flash drive in the USB port and go to "Start" button -> &Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts.
- In the left pane, click "Create a password reset disk". When the Forgotten Password Wizard window appears, click "Next".
- Select the Removable Disk drive or USB storage device on which you want to create the forgotten password file, and then click "Next".
- Type the current account password in the password field, and then click "Next". Windows 7 will create the password reset disk for you.
To sum up, we have introduced the top 2 ways for you to reset HP Envy password: Password Reset disk and Windows Password Reset. And the way to create a password reset disk in advance.