You may have tried many ways to protect your Dell notebook, like using passwords to prevent others from accessing your Windows operating system. However, with several passwords for different accounts, you sometimes forgot Dell password. Using a Dell password reset disk to reset password is the most reliable way when forgot password on Dell computer in Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista, or in Windows Server 2012/2008, etc.Free Download Free Download
How to Reset Lost Password on Dell Notebook?
There are two modes to create a password reset disk to reset Dell password when forgot your user account password.
Mode 1: Follow the steps offered by Microsoft to reset Dell password
Microsoft offers a traditional mode to create a password reset disk, which you can use to reset password on Dell laptop. However, this mode has its own shortcomings, such as you have to create this tool before you forgot Dell password, which most users have no foresight to achieve. What's more, this kind of password reset disk can only be created for local user accounts, which means you have to login your Windows system as an administrator to reset your password if your Dell notebook is on a domain.
- Step 1: Insert a removable media such as a USB flash drive or floppy disk to your Dell.
- Step 2: Click Start button, "Control Panel", "User Accounts and Family Safety", "User Accounts".
- Step 3: Click "Create a password reset disk" and then follow the instructions.
Mode 2: Use Windows Password Recovery Tool to create a disk to reset Dell password
Windows Password Recovery Tool can help you create a powerful password reset disk for Dell password reset. This kind of disk can reset password for both local and domain administrator and other user accounts when you forgot your password and have no access to Dell laptop. You can create it at any time you need and what you need is just a USB flash drive or a blank CD/DVD and an available computer.
Here is the example to reset Dell administrator password.
- Step 1: Download and install Windows Password Recovery Tool on the available computer.
- Step 2: Create a Dell password reset disk.
Insert the USB flash drive or CD/DVD on the computer, choose the reset device, and click "Burn" button.
- Step 3: Click "Yes" and "OK" button in the pop-up windows. Then you have successful created a Dell password reset disk.
- Step 4: Reboot your Dell laptop with the newly created password reset disk.
- Step 5: Select the Windows installation you want to remove passwords from dell laptop, choose "Reset your password", and then click "Next".
- Step 6: Select the administrator account, choose "Remove the password" and click "Next".
- Step 7: Click "Reboot" to restart your Dell laptop and login Windows system without any password.
The Dell password reset disk created by Windows Password Recovery Tool can not only reset password when you forgot Dell laptop password, but also change and create any user account password no matter what hot brands of Dell laptop you are using. Here is the list of best sellers of Dell laptops.
|Best sellers||Top 1||Top 2||Top 3||Top 4|
|Dell laptops||Dell Inspiron||Dell XPS||Dell Thin and Powerful||Dell Alienware|
|Prices start at around||$390||$716||$990||$911|
|Main feature||For everyday computing||For a graphics boost||For thinness and power||For games|