iTunes are widely used by iPhone users to perform backups and thoughtfully enable you to password protects backup files. It is all right, but the problem is sometimes you lost the password to iPhone 5s backup or for some reasons such as you have a corporate MS Exchange account; iTunes set a password to your backup without your known. Now you need to retrieve lost iPhone 5s backup password if you want to make a backup restore.
To retrieve forgotten iPhone 5s backup password isn't something difficult although Apple doesn't offer any official ways, what you need is iPhone Backup Unlocker, a professional backup password unlocker tool to retrieve iPhone 5s backup password Windows.Free Download
Steps of Retrieving iPhone 5s Backup Password
Below is a detailed guide about how to use iPhone Backup Password Unlocker to retrieve iPhone 5s backup password. To get started, you need to free download iPhone Backup Password Unlocker and installed it in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Open" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone/iPad/iPod backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your lost password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Moreover, iPhone Backup Unlocker not only allows you to retrieve the lost password, but also enable you to delete password from encrypted iPhone 5s backup file, which iTunes can't do.
Additional Tips: How to disable iPhone Backup Encryption Option?
Generally, iPhone Backup Encryption Option is a flexible option for users. However, sometimes, iTunes will not allow users to uncheck the Encrypt iPhone backup option when syncing. The option is automatically checked and completely grayed out, which forces users to have their iPhone backups encrypted.
This may be due to that you have developer accounts to develop for enterprise; you can try to remove any existing profiles from their iPhones in order to regain access to the Encrypt iPhone backup option.
- Go to iPhone Settings –> General –> Profiles.
- Remove any existing profiles from their iPhones.
To sum up, we have showed you how to retrieve iPhone 5s backup password with iPhone Backup Unlocker and what to do when iPhone Backup Encryption option cannot be disabled.