iTunes keeps prompting you to enter the password to unlock your backup file when you try to restore iPhone from a previous iTunes backup file? Worse still, you have no idea about what the password is? Many iPhone users have encountered this dilemma. Thus, in this article, I will show you the common iPhone backup default passwords and how to find the default password to unlock your backup file.Free Download
Part 1: What is Default iPhone Backup Password?
Sometimes, iTunes may set a password for your backup without your know. This may be due to you have a corporate MS Exchange account, and your account administrator installed a security policy that requires the phone (and its backup) to be encrypted. In this case, you can try the common default passwords for iPhone backup:
- Leaving the password field blank
- Your Apple ID password
- Your computer account password, if you have one
- Email passwords you may have used
- Your Wi-Fi network password
- Website passwords you may have used
- A password for hard-disk encryption software, if you use it
- Passwords associated with VPN connection or an Exchange email account
- Try 0000 as the password, sometimes the default password is in fact, 0000
- Try your Windows Administrator password.
Failed to find the password to unlock your backup file with the passwords above? Then you can contact the administrator for the account and see if they have a default password enabled on the account or simply use a powerful iPhone Backup Unlocker to unlock your backup file instantly. Now let's see more details about iPhone Backup Unlocker.
Part 2: How to Find the Default Password to Unlock iPhone Backup File?
After trying every possible password but still failed? Then you need the help of iPhone Backup Unlocker, a professional password unlock tool for iTunes backup file. It can easily help you restore iPhone backup file password with 3 powerful password attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.
To get started, free download iPhone Backup Unlocker on your PC with the encrypted backup file stored. iPhone Backup Unlocker also works for Mac users, simply follow this guide to unlock iPhone backup password on Mac.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone/iPad/iPod backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your iPhone backup password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
To sum up, we have show you what the default encrypted iPhone backup password is and how to unlock iPhone backup with iPhone Backup Unlocker. Moreover, the latest version of iPhone Backup Unlocker also supports to remove password from encrypted iPhone backup file, which iTunes can't do.