When backing up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch in iTunes 11, you can check the Encrypt Backup option to keep backup files safe according to your own need. You certainly know the password. But sometimes iTunes may set a password for the backup without informing you. Without password, you can't restore your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch from the backup. Here I will share three ways to find what password is for my encrypted iTunes 11 backup.
Before moving to ways below, you can try some possible passwords to figure out "what is my iTunes 11 backup", such as Apple ID password, iTunes Store password, Windows administrator password, the passcode you used to lock your iPhone, all sorts of variations of your name's or birthday, "0000" or "1234", etc.
1. What is My Password to Unlock iTunes 11 Backup on Windows
Have brainstormed all possible passwords but still useless? Try iPhone Backup Unloker, a program compatible with all iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and fully supports all versions of iTunes. It enables you to solve "what my iTunes 11 encrypted backup password is" problem instantly.
p.s.: Steps below mainly tell you how to find your iTunes backup password. If you don't need the password to protect your iTunes 11 backup and want to decrypt it. Click "decrypt iTunes backup password".
- Run iPhone Backup Unlocker. Click Add and then tap on the locked iTunes 11 backup to import it.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary.
- Click Start button to start recovering iTunes 11 backup password. During this process, you can stop and save it to continue next time.
2. What is My Password for Encrypted iTunes 11 Backup on Mac
Mac users can save their passwords on Keychain while Windows users can't. Keychain is a program which can contain your passwords for websites, wireless network, encrypted iTunes backup files, etc. Therefore, if you have the puzzle like what is my password to encrypted iTunes 11 backup on Mac, take advantage of Keychain to help you retrieve iTunes 11 backup password.
Note: Although iPhone Backup Password is a Windows version, you can still use iPhone Backup Unlocker to unlock itunes 11 backup on Mac. You just need to move your iTunes backup from Mac to a Windows computer.
- Open Keychain Access, located in /Applications/Utilities/.
- Type "iTunes backup" in the Search Box in the upper right corner.
- Double click the result and check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost iTunes backup password.
To sum up, I have list 2 solutions for the issues -What is my iTunes backup password for encrypted iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch? If you have any other questions, please leave a message in the comment place