"When my wife attempted to update her iOS7, the system advised her to back up the iPhone. She followed the tips. However, when restoring the backup in iTunes, she was asked to type a password which she didn't know at all. Do we have any way to decrypt iTunes backup file?"
Requested of iTunes backup password that you don't know when restoring the iTunes backup file? Forgot the password you set for your iTunes backup file? Don't panic! Here I will show you how to decrypt iTunes backup file with iPhone Backup Unlocker.
iPhone Backup Unlocker is a professional iTunes backup decrypter, which can remove password for iTunes backup within minutes. It is compatible with all versions of iTunes and fully supports iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s, iPad Air/mini 2/3/min/2 and iPod touch 5/4. Download iPhone Backup Unlocker and install it on the computer where your iTunes backup is located.Free Download
Steps to Decrypt iTunes iPhone Backup When You Don't Know its Password
Using iPhone Backup Unlocker to decrypt iTunes backup without password, you need to recover the password for your backup at first and then turn off it. Below are steps in details:
Step 1: Recover iTunes Backup Password
- Click Add and then tap on the locked backup to import it to iPhone Backup Unlocker.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack.
- Click Start to begin cracking the password, during the process you can stop it and save the project to continue next time.
- Then the password of your backup will appear in the box below.
After retrieving your forgotten iTunes backup password, follow the guide below to decrypt the iTunes backup and then you can restore the backup in iTunes freely.
- Select Encrypted iTunes backup file. Click "Add" and then "Enter" button near to the backup whose password you want to remove.
- Then the interface below shows up. Just type the password of the backup and tap on "Decrypt" to decrypt iTunes backup file.
Note: If you know the password protecting your iTunes backup, you just need to follow the guide in Step 2 to disable the decryption.
In conclusion, no matter whether you know or do not know the password of iTunes backup, you can rely on iPhone Backup Unlocker to decrypt the backup password.