The only way to save you out from this trouble is finding out the password to unlock you backup file and switch the encryption in iTunes 11. Below I list 2 efficient methods for you to recover lost backup password in iTunes 11.
Method 1: Using iPhone Backup Unlocker When Forgot iTunes 11 Restore Backup Password
iPhone Backup Unlocker is a professional password recovery tool for iTunes backup. It can easily help you find the right password with 3 powerful password attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack, and fully support iPhone 5s/5c/5/4s, iPad Air/mini 2/3/min/2 and iPod touch 5/4. If you forgot iTunes 12.6/11 backup password for iPhone, have a try.
To get started, free download iPhone Backup Unlocker on your PC with the encrypted backup file stored.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone/iPad/iPod backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your iPhone backup password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Additionally, the latest version of iPhone Backup Unlocker also supports to remove password from encrypted iPhone backup file, which iTunes 11 can't do.
Method 2: Using Keychain Utility When Forgot iTunes 11 Encrypted Backup Password
If you forgot iTunes 11 backup password on Mac, then the Keychain Utility on your Mac may help you to find the lost password for your backup file. Failed to find the right password in Keychain? Follow this guide to unlock iPhone backup password on Mac with iPhone Backup Unlocker.
- Open iTunes Preferences and select the Devices tab. Note the time of the device's backup.
- Right-click the desired backup and choose "Show in Finder".
- Finder should now be open, showing the backup selected. Click the Edit menu and choose Copy.
- Open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities/.
- Paste the backup folder's name into the search box in the top-right corner of Keychain Access.
- Double click on the "iPhone Backup" entry and in the new window that will open, click on the "show password" checkbox.
- Enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
To sum up, I have shown 2 efficient methods for you to unlock encrypted iTunes 11 backup file. If you unfortunately forgot iTunes 11 backup password for iPad (iPhone, iPod Touch), just have a try.