Not familiar with Windows 8 BIOS password? Never mind! Here is the all-round information for you about what Windows 8 BIOS password is, how to set Windows 8 BIOS password, and how to reset Windows 8 BIOS password.Free Download Free Download
What Is Windows 8 BIOS Password?
Windows BIOS is the Basic Input / Output System for your computer running Windows 8. It holds the basic data that allows your computer to turn on and access memory, hard drive, video and keyboard. This data is held in a chip on the motherboard. The BIOS is the first program that is run when your computer starts. You can set a password in the BIOS (which is called BIOS password) with 8 characters long to keep others from changing your computer settings that are related to these basic devices.
How to Set Windows 8 BIOS Password?
- Reboot your Windows 8 computer. A series of diagnostics and a memory check will be displayed on the screen.
- Hit DEL when the message "Hit the DEL key to enter the BIOS setup program" appears.
- Select USER PASSWORD, enter a password and confirm it.
- Select the BIOS FEATURES SETUP option, Password Check option and change the setting to ALWAYS.
- Go back to the main menu and select SAVE&EXIT SETUP.
Your Windows 8 computer will reboot and you'll be prompted for the password that you have set.
How to Reset Windows 8 BIOS Password?
If you don't want the Windows 8 BIOS password, you can reset it as followings:
- 1. Open your Windows 8 computer case to examine the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery. Gently pry the battery from its housing and reinsert the battery after 10 minutes. If this works and you don't see the password prompt, then you have successfully reset the BIOS password. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
- 2. Locate the jumpers near the edge of the board or near the CPU or the CMOS battery. Find "Clear CMOS" or "Clear Password". Place the jumper over the pins and restart your computer. If this doesn't work. Try step 3.
- 3. Enter a password after receiving the password prompt. If you have an Award BIOS, try "AWARD PW". If you have a Phoenix BIOS, try "CMOS".
After all the above instructions, you are surely successful to reset Windows 8 BIOS password. In many cases, you may forget other passwords, like Windows 8 administrator or other user accounts password. Never panic. You can try Windows 8 Password Recovery Tool to help you reset these passwords within 2 minutes.