"I recently changed the password to login my Sony laptop but unfortunately forgot it. Worse still, I am the only administrator for my laptop. Is there any way to reset Sony administrator password?"
Regarding to the problem above, we list 3 common methods for you to reset Sony laptop password in Windows 8.1/8/7. If you forgot password to your Sony laptop, read this article and find the best method for you.Free Download Free Download
Method 1: Use System Restore to Reset Sony Laptop Password
System Restore feature included in Windows is designed to help you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. If you recently changed to a password that you cannot remember, you can use Microsoft System Restore to restore the system back to a time when you were using a password that you remember.
- Insert your Windows installation DVD or system repair disc in the computer DVD drive, turn on your computer.
- If prompted, press any key to boot from the Windows installation DVD.
- Select your language preferences -> Click on Repair your computer-> Select which operating system you want to restore -> Select System Restore.
- Follow the wizard to restore your system to a previous state.
Method 2: Use Safe Mode to Reset Forgotten Laptop Password on Sony Laptop
Windows system has a built-in administrator account that is created during Windows installation, and disable by default, which has no password in it. If you forgot your account password, you can enter into Safe Mode with the build-in Administrator account to reset login password to Sony notebook. (Read How to Reset Sony Password Windows 7 with Safe Mode for more details.)
- Boot or reboot your notebook and press F8 to enter Advanced Boot Options. Choose Safe Mode in the coming screen, and then Press Enter.
- Click on the "Administrator" account that appears on the Windows logon screen.
- Click "Start" botton and then "Control Panel". Enter "All Control Panel Items", and then click "User Accounts". Click "Manage Another account" as following.
- Choose the account which you want to reset the password and click "Change the password" to reset your forgotten password.
Method 3: Use Windows Password Recovery Tool to Reset Password on Sony Laptop
Windows Password Recovery Tool is a professional password recovery program for Sony laptop password reset in Windows 10/8.1/8/7. It will help you burn a Sony password reset disk and reset login password to Sony notebook within minutes. Moreover, it supports all popular Sony laptop models, including Sony VAIO E Series, Sony VAIO S Series, Sony VAIO T Series, VAIO Pro 13, etc.
- Free download and install Windows Password Recovery Tool in an accessible computer.
- Insert a CD/DVD disk or USB flash to the workable computer and click "Burn" to start burning a Windows password recovery USB/CD.
- Take out the password reset disk and insert it into your locked notebook. You have to set your computer to boot from the CD/DVD-ROM/USB.(Learn how to set BIOS to boot from the CD/DVD-ROM/USB).
- Now Windows Password Recovery Tool appears on your screen. Follow the wizard to reset Windows login password.
Now, you have a clear idea about how to reset password on Sony laptop. Comparing to other 2 methods, we recommend for you to use this Windows Password Recovery Software since it is easily and efficiently handled. And it will not cause you any data or files losing.