Losing your iPhone photos is bound to give you a sinking feeling in your stomach – that means you may lost all your photos that record your memory with your friends and family. In fact, accidentally deleting a photo or all photos in Camera Roll from your iPhone, or even losing or breaking your iPhone, does not mean that your photos are gone for good.
Since that lost iPhone photos intact, how to recover them? Well, keep on reading, I will introduce you 2 methods of how to recover lost photos on iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS. (Update: The same methods also apply to recover text photos from red iPhone 7/SE/6s/6/6 Plus/5S/5C.)
- Part I: How to Recover iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS Photos from iCloud?
- Part II: How to Recover iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS Photos without iTunes?
If your photos accidently lost, you could restore the iCloud backup to your iPhone - or even another iOS device that you have available. However, before restore photos from iPhone 5/4S/4/3GS, you should make sure several things: good Wi-Fi connection; it only works when setting up a new device, or after erasing all data from a device using Settings -> General -> Reset -> Erase All Content and Settings; iCloud only provide 5GB free storage, should pay for extra space. Don't want to use this method? Try iPhone Data Recovery to recover iPhone photos without any limitation in Part II:
Here is how to restore iPhone from iCloud backup:
- 1. Choose "Restore from iCloud backup".
- 2. Enter Apple ID to login, and tap the blue "Next" button.
- 3. Agree to the "Terms and Conditions" by tapping the "Agree" button. Confirm your agreement by tapping the "Agree" button.
- 4. Choose your backup from the backup list.
- 5. Once it's done, your iPhone will reboot.
Here you can use Tenorshare UltData for a free trial. It is a trustable program specially designed for iPhone users to recover any file lost due to any cause on any iPhone model: recover deleted, lost photos and other files on iPhone 5, 4S, 4G, 3GS. Here is a short guide.
Mode 1: How to Recover Photos from iPhone Directly ?
Step 1: Connect iPhone and Start to Scan
Connect your iPhone with the computer and launch the program. This mode is the default one, click "Start Scan" to scan your device.
Step 2: Recover Deleted iPhone Photos before Recovery
Now we can preview before iPhone photo recovery. Click "Recover" button to recover lost photos from iPhone.
Mode 2: How to Recover iPhone Photos from iTunes Backup?
If you lost your iPhone, you can recover iPhone photos by extracting them from iTunes backup. Choose "Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files" mode in this Data Recovery for iPhone. So, before recovery, ensure you back up your iPhone before.
- Step 1: Switch to "Recover Data from iTunes Backup Files".
- Step 2: Select and scan iPhone backup.
- Step 3: Preview and recover iPhone photos from backup.
Mode 3: How to Recover iPhone Photos from iCloud Backup?
You can also recover photos from iCloud backup with iPhone Data Recovery. Choose "Recover Data from iCloud Backup Files" mode in this Data Recovery for iPhone.
- Step 1: Select to "Recover Data from iCloud Backup Files" and sign into your iCloud account.
- Step 2: Select your backup file and click "Next" to download. Click "OK" when it completes.
- Step 3: Preview and recover iPhone photos from backup
Remember to back up your iPhone regularly. If mishap happens, try iPhone Data Recovery to remedy to retrieve lost iPhone photos. What's more, it works with other iPhone files as well, like contacts, text messages, call history, etc.