Keeping track of all your passwords is a pain, and sometimes you just forget or misplace one. Don't worry if the password you forgot is for your iTunes backup. There's a chance to find forgotten iTunes backup password if you follow our suggestions and instructions.
Here we offer 2 widely-used methods for you to unlock encrypted iTunes backup file: Keychain utility and iPhone Backup Unlocker. The first method is only for Mac users and latter one works under any situations. For more details, read on please.Free Download
Method 1: Unlock Password Protected iTunes Backup with Keychain Utility on Mac
Keychain is Apple's password management system in Mac OS. A Keychain may contain various types of data: passwords for Websites, SSH accounts, network shares, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc. depending on the usage of Keychain.
Here is how to unlock password protected iTunes backup with Keychain Utility:
- Find Keychain Access in /Applications/Utilities/ and open it.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "iPhone backup".
- Located "iPhone Backup" in Keychain and double click it.
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to show the lost password associated with the encrypted iPad backup.
Method 2: Unlock Encrypted iTunes Backup with iPhone Backup Unlocker in Windows
iPhone Backup Unlocker is a professional password recovery utility for password protected iTunes backup file. It supports all iOS devices including red iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6S/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, iPad Air/4/3/2/min/mini 2, iPod touch and all versions of iTunes including the latest iTunes 12.6.
If your iTunes backup is encrypted, follow steps below to retrieve lost iTunes backup password. Firstly, free download and install iPhone Backup Unlocker in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected backup file.
- Select an attack type to unlock iTunes password backup files. There are three attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Just try iPhone Backup Unlocker when you want to restore from a backup but the iTunes backup file is password protected. And if you needn't the password, iPhone Backup Unlocker also offers you an option to delete iTunes backup password.