iTunes keeps asking for a password to unlock iPhone backup file but you never set? A disaster strikes! There's nothing worse than this because you haven't set iTunes backup password let alone knowing what it is. In this article, I will show you that why iTunes asks for a password that you never set and how to unlock it with iPhone Backup Unlocker.Free Download
Part 1: Why iTunes Asks Backup Password that You never Set?
This question is really confused many iTunes users. When we try to restore from our iPhone (especially after iOS update), iTunes asks for a password to unlock a backup that never set. Below are common reasons for this:
- 1. iTunes had just taken a random password off your computer and attached itself to it. I have heard that many people complaint iTunes took their iPhone passcode, iTunes password, Windows admin password, Facebook password even their bank app password, etc. to encrypt the backups.
- 2. Other people set the password to iTunes backup file. If anyone else has used your iTunes to backup their iPhone and set a password to encrypt it, then iTunes may take this password automatically to encrypt your backup file when you backup your device.
Part 2: How to Unlock Encrypted iTunes Backup File?
No matter why iTunes set a password for your backup without telling you, now you can easily unlock iTunes backup file with iPhone Backup Unlocker. It supports all iOS devices including red iPhone 7/7Plus/SE/6S/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, iPad Air/4/3/2/min/mini 2, iPod touch and all versions of iTunes including the latest iTunes 11.1.
Here are steps of using iTunes Backup Unlocker to retrieve lost iTunes backup password:
- Free download and install iPhone Password Unlocker on a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected backup file.
- Select an attack type to unlock iTunes password backup files. (Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack.)
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
So if iTunes asks a password you never set, just free download iPhone Password Unlocker. It will find iTunes backup password instantly without any efforts. Moreover, iPhone Backup Unlocker not only can help you find your iPhone backup password but also can remove the password from it.