Lost password to red iPhone 7/6/5 backup? A disaster strikes! As without the password, you cannot make a restore of your iTunes backup and Apple only offers a solution to restore the phone as new, losing the data on it. Before finding the best way to recover iPhone 5 backup passwords, let's identify why the backup is encrypted first.
Why iPhone 5 Backup Password is Encrypted?
Generally, there are 2 ways your iPhone 5 backup file can be encrypted:
- 1. You checked the "Encrypt Backup" in iTunes and set a password.
- 2. You have a corporate MS Exchange account, and your account administrator installed a security policy that requires the phone (and its backup) to be encrypted. You can check for this on by going to Settings/General/Profile (near the bottom of the choices, just above Reset) and seeing if there is an installed profile from your company.
In this 2 ways, you iPhone backup file gets password protected. And as you may not read the dialog carefully to see what it was requested for when prompted for password, just put in a likely sounding password that was accepted, so you promptly forgot the incident.Free Download
How to Recover iTunes Backup Password on iPhone 5?
After knowing why the backup is encrypted, now come to the solution. As there isn't any official way to recover forgotten iPhone 5 backup password, the best way is using password recovery tool iPhone Backup Unlocker.
It is a professional password recovery tool for you to recover password protecting iPhone 5 backup file offering three powerful password crack methods: Brute Force Attack, Brute-Force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack that can find password with 100% guarantee.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Open" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock iPhone 5 backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Now you must have a clear idea about why the backup is encrypted and how to recover lost iPhone 5 backup password with the professional password recovery tool iPhone Backup Unlocker.