Try to restore your iPod touch from an encrypted backup but iTunes prompts you that iPod backup password not working? You may just forget or misplace your iPod backup password with other passwords. Don't worry if the password you forgot is for your iPod backup.
Here we list 3 solutions to solve the problem "iPod backup password not work": alternative backup file, iPod backup unlocker tool (iPhone Backup Unlocker ), and Keychain utility. Solutions below not only apply to iPod but also worked when iPhone backup password not working. Just read on please.Free Download
Solution 1: Using Alternative iCloud Backup File
After trying every possible password, you still can't unlock encrypted iPod backup password? Don't be painful! Calm down and think that have you ever back up your iPod touch with iCloud. If the answer is "Yes", then go straightforwardly to iCloud.
- Go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap "Erase all content and settings".
- In the Setup Assistant, sign in to iCloud, tap "Restore from a Backup" and then choose from a list of your backups in iCloud.
Solution 2: Using iPod Backup Unlocker Tool
If this is the only backup file you can rely on, don't worry, a third party iPod backup unlocker tool (iPhone Backup Unlocker) can easily unlock password protected iPod backup file and then you can restore it as you normally do. It supports all modes of iPod including iPod Touch 5, 4 and g the latest iTunes 11.3.
Firstly, free download and install iPhone Backup Unlocker in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPod backup file.
- Select an attack type to unlock iPod password backup files. There are three attack types: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack.
- Click on "Start" to find password to unlock iPod backup. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
If you don't need the backup password any more, iPhone Backup Unlocker also can help you remove password from iPod backup file.
Solution 3: Using Keychain Utility
If you are a Mac user, you must have a Keychain utility in Mac computers containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc. This method worked depending on the usage of Keychain in Mac OS X. If it doesn't work for you, ask help for straightforward and easy iPhone Backup Unlocker directly.
- Find Keychain Access in /Applications/Utilities/ and open it.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "iPod backup".
- Find "iPod Backup" in Keychain and double click it.
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to show the lost password associated with the encrypted iPad backup.
This article almost covers all solutions to solve the problem "iPod backup password no working". If you forgot iPod backup password and don't know what to do, just try easy iPhone Backup Unlocker tool.