Forgot iTunes Backup Password for iPad Air (iPad 5) when trying to restore from it? There's nothing worse than these. A disaster strikes! But come on, don't despair. There's a chance to unlock forgotten iPad Air backup password, if you follow our suggestions and instructions. This article introduces 3 methods for you unlock password to iPad Air backup file.
Method 1: Try Possible Password When Forgot iPad Air Backup Password
Before using other methods, try possible password first. This method has helped a lot of people find password to unlock iPad Air backup. (Have no clue about this password at all? Ask help for straightforward and easy iPhone Backup Unlocker directly. )
- The backup password others set when using your iTunes to backup their device
- The password of your iTunes Store account
- The Default password 0000
- The 4 digit unlock code for your iPad Air
- Other password such as Windows login password, email password, MSN password etc.
Method 2: Use iPad Air Backup Unlocker When Forgot iPad Air Restore Backup Password
Failed to remember the password to your iPad Air backup? You still can easily unlock it. What you need is just a password recovery software application. Here I recommend iPad Air Backup Unlocker (also named iPhone Backup Unlocker).
iPad Air Backup Unlocker offer 3 powerful password crack methods: Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack ensuring 100% success rate. And now it fully supports iPad Air and all versions of iTunes including the latest iTunes 12.6.
Follow the steps below to find password to unlock iPad Air backup when forgot iPad Air encrypted backup password.
- Free download iPad Air Backup Unlocker (iPhone Backup Unlocker) and run it after the installation. Then click on "Open" on the main interface to load your password protected backup file.
- Select the most appropriate attack type to retrieve encrypted iPad Air backup from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack.
- Click on "Start" to crack your lost iPad Air backup password. After that your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
Method 3: Use Keychain Utility When Forgot Password to Unlock iPad Air Backup File
Not like iPad Air Backup Unlocker (iPhone Backup Unlocker) worked in any case, Keychain is only worked on Mac and not guaranteed to work for everyone because it depends on the usage of Keychain in Mac OS X. Below is how to:
- Find Keychain Access in /Applications/Utilities/ and open it.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "iPad backup".
- Located "iPad Backup" in Keychain and double click it.
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to show the lost password associated with the encrypted iPad backup.
To sum up, we have introduced 3 methods to unlock password to iPad Air backup file: possible password, iPad Air Backup Unlocker (iPhone Backup Unlocker) and Keychain.