Forgetting backup file password is painful especially when it is the only reliable backup because iTunes does allow you to restore from backup if you forgot iPhone 5 backup file password. Worse still, Apple doesn't offer an efficient way to unlock iTunes backup file. Thus, here I will offer 2 methods to unlock forgotten iPhone 5 backup password when you lost iPhone 5 backup password.Free Download
Method 1: Trying Possible Passwords
Educated guess is always your first trying after you forgot password to iPhone 5 backup. Just calm down and try every possible password. (If you already tried every possible password but failed, turn to Method 2 for help.)
- 1. Try the password of your iCloud account.
- 2. Type in your Windows or Mac login password.
- 3. Type in the password of current Apple account.
- 4. Try entering the password stored in your iOS apps.
- 5. Try the passcode for your iPhone 5.
- 6. …
After trying every possible password, you still can't unlock your backup file? Don't be despair. Now what you need is a helpful iPhone backup unlocker tool. iPhone Backup Unlocker is a professional password recovery tool for you to unlock password protected iPhone 5 backup file. It also supports all iPhone models such as iPhone 7/7 Plus, iPhone 6(s)/6(s) Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 5s/5c/5, iPhone 4s/3gs running iOS 11/10/9/8/7, etc.
It offers three powerful password crack methods: Brute Force Attack, Brute-Force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack that can find password with 100% guarantee. Now it fully supports iPhone 5 and all versions of iTunes including the latest iTunes 12.6. To get started, you need to download and install iPhone Backup Unlocker free in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Open" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock iPhone 5 backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
To sum up, you can try possible passwords to find your lost password or go directly to iPhone Backup Unlocker to unlock your iTunes backup file immediately when you forgot iTunes backup password on iPhone 5.