Forgot iPad mini 2 backup file password when trying to make a restore? A disaster strikes! Because without the password, Apple will not allow to make a backup restore and your data will be unrecoverable. Worse still, if you want to start again, you must perform a full software restore and set up as a new device. Luckily, there's still a chance to find your forgotten iPad mini 2 backup password. Just follow our tips and instructions below.Free Download
Tips 1: Try Possible Password when Forgot iPad Mini 2 Backup File Password
Accidently or intentionally checked the Encrypt Backup box and then promptly forgot backup password on iPad mini with Retina Display? Now calm down and try possible password you may use to unlock your encrypted backup:
- The 4 digit unlock code for your iPad mini with Retina display.
- The password of your iTunes Store account.
- Try the password of your iCloud account.
- Other password such as Windows login password, email password, MS Exchange account password etc.
- A favorite number or set of numbers.
- A loved one's birthday.
Trying every possible password but still cannot find password to unlock your iPad mini 2 backup file? Keep reading and try tips below.
Tips 2: Use Keychain Utility when Forgot iPad Mini 2 Encrypted Backup Password
Mac users have a chance to unlock encrypted iPad mini 2 backup password with Keychain Utility (A program in Mac computers containing your passwords for Websites, wireless networks and encrypted iTunes backup file, etc.)
- Open Keychain Access, found in /Applications/Utilities/.
- Use the Search box in the upper right corner and type "ipad backup".
- Double click the result, assuming something is found in Keychain.
- Check the box next to "Show password" and enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPad mini 2 backup.
Tips 3: Use iPhone Backup Unlocker when Forgot Password to Unlock iPad Mini 2 Backup
Tips above all don't work for you? Don't worry! iPhone Backup Unlocker is here to save you out. It is a professional backup password unlock tool for all iOS device including iPad mini with Retina Display. To get started, you need to free download iPhone Backup Password Unlocker and installed it in a Windows computer.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Open" on the main interface to import your password protected iPad mini 2 backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Directory Attack to unlock encrypted backup files for iPad mini 2.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten backup password. After several minutes, your lost password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
To sum up, I have introduces 3 tips for you in this article. Hopefully, they will save you out when you forgot iPad mini 2 encrypted backup password.