Problem: I have backed up my iPhone 6. I have tried to restore this back up but I forgot backup password for iPhone 6. And what's worse, new backups are also encrypted with the same password. How do I find out what it is or can I change it without knowing the old password?
iTunes enables you to encrypt iPhone 6 backups when syncing your device for security purposes. However, if you unfortunately forgot iPhone 6 backup password, this will turn into a nightmare. Without the password, you can't restore from this backup. Worse still, you can't disable the encryption option without the password thus the backup file you make latter will also be encrypted with the same password.
If you are also troubled by encrypted iPhone backup password problems, this article will help you out. Here, we list 2 best ways for you to find forgotten backup password for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus.
Method 1: Using iPhone Backup Unlocker When You Forgot iPhone 6 Backup Encryption Password
If you forgot iPhone 6 backup password Windows, then a creditable iPhone Backup Unlocker can easily retrieve your lost backup password for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus. It offers 3 efficient password decryption methods and a powerful function to remove backup password for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, which iTunes can't do.
To get stated, free download iPhone Backup Password Unlocker on the computer with the encrypted backup file stored.
- Run iPhone Password Unlocker and click on "Add" on the main interface to import your password protected iPhone backup file.
- Select an attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack to unlock iPhone 5 backup files.
- Click on "Start" to find your forgotten iTunes backup password. After several minutes, your lost password will be listed in the File Opening Password Box.
With the password, you can easily remove the password from your encrypted iTunes backup and disable the password encryption option in iTunes.
Method 2: Using Keychain when You Forgot iTunes Backup Password for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
If you use a Mac and have selected to keep your backup password in keychain, you can try to find lost back password for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in Keychain.
Note: This method only applies to Mac users and works depending on the usage of your keychain. If you fail, import their locked backup file from Mac to Windows and the use iPhone Backup Unlocker. For more details, read on How to Unlock My Lost iPhone Backup Password on Mac.
- Find the folder's name of your encrypted backup file and open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities/.
- Paste the backup folder's name into the search box in the top-right corner of Keychain Access.
- Double click on the "iPhone Backup" entry and in the new window that will open, click on the "show password" checkbox.
- Enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
That's the 2 methods we offered today. So, no matter you forgot iPhone 6 Plus backup password or iPhone 6's, relax and follow out tips to decrypted your encrypted iPhone backup file without any efforts.