iTunes prompts you to enter the password to unlock your iPad Air 2 backup but you have no idea about the password? Sometimes you encrypted your backup file but forgot it afterwards, or iTunes ;for some reason uses a password that you have used before for something without you knowledge, the backup file now is locked and can’t be restored unless you unlock it. Considering this point, this article lists 3 easy ways to unlock iPad Air backup password for your reference.Free Download
Top 1: Try Every Single Password You Know
As iTunes may ;use a password that you have used before for something, anything you have done in the past, even if you don’t store it in your keychain. So, you have to try every single password you know, even things you haven’t used in years to unlock iPad Air 2 backup password in iTunes.
P.S.: This frankly is a real dam pain. ;Alternatively, you can try iPhone Backup Unlocker to unlock iTunes 11 backup password without any pain.
- Computer password
- iTunes account password
- passcode to unlock your iPad
- Apple ID password
- Your own device name
Top 2: Use Keychain Utility on Mac
Forgot password to unlock iPad Air 2 backup? If you have selected to keep your backup password in keychain, you can try to find lost iPad Air 2 backup password in Keychain. This method only applies to Mac users.
- Find the folder's name of your encrypted backup file and open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities/.
- Paste the backup folder's name into the search box in the top-right corner of Keychain Access.
- Double click on the "iPhone Backup" entry and in the new window that will open, click on the "show password" checkbox
- Enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
Top 3: Use iPhone Backup Unlocker
Methods above didn’t work for you? Here we recommend a powerful tool - iPhone Backup Unlocker for you to unlock encrypted iPad Air 2 backup password as easy as 1-2-3. Below is a simple tutorial for you to unlock password set in iTunes with iPhone Backup Unlocker.
P.S.: If you are running macOS 10.12 Sierra, Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9, 10.8 or 10.7, download this program on a Windows PC and follow this guide to unlock iPad Air backup password on Mac.
- Download it on your PC with the encrypted backup file stored and run it after the installation. Click “Add” to your encrypted backup file from the drop-down box.
- Select an attack type to unlock iPad Air backup password in iTunes. (Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack and Dictionary Attack)
- Click "Start" to start recovering the password, your backup password will be listed in the File Opening Password box within several minutes.
That’s all for how to unlock backup password for iPad Air 2. Additionally, iPhone Backup Unlocker can also delete iTunes backup password for iPad which iTunes can’t do.