Unfortunately forgot iPad mini 3 encrypted backup password? A strong password adds a solid layer of protection for your important backup data, but it makes you feel annoying if you forgot it. You can't restore from this backup and even you newly created backup files are also encrypted. It can't be worse. This is not a question for just one person. Thus we illustrate 2 efficient ways for you to find forgotten iTunes backup password for iPad mini 3.Free Download
Method 1: Using Powerful iPad Backup Password Unlocker When You Forgot iPad Mini 3 Backup Password
Trying every possible password but still can't find you backup password? Asking for Apple's help but got nothing helpful? A powerful iPad backup password unlocker (iPhone Backup Unlocker) can easily solve your problem. It offers 3 efficient password decryption methods and a powerful function to remove backup password for iPad min 3, which iTunes can't do.
Now let's see the details. Firstly download and install iPhone Data Recovery on the PC stored your encrypted backup file.
- Run this program and click "Add" and then double click on the file you lost password from the drop-down box to import your iPad backup file.
- Select a password attack type from Brute-force Attack, Brute-force with Mask Attack, Dictionary Attack.
- passcode to unlock your iPad
- Click "Start" to start to recover iPad mini 3 backup password, your backup password will be listed in the File Opening Password box within several minutes.
Method 2: Using Keychain Utility on Mac When You Forgot iPad Mini 3 Restore Backup Password
If you are using Mac OS X, the password might be saved in Keychain Access. You can follow steps below to retrieve iPad mini 3 backup password.
Note: Can't find password in keychain? Import your locked backup file from Mac to Windows and the use iPhone Backup Unlocker. For more details, read on How to Unlock My Lost iPad Backup Password on Mac.
- Copy the folder's name of your encrypted backup file and open Keychain Access from /Applications/Utilities/.
- Paste the backup folder's name into the search box in the top-right corner of Keychain Access.
- If there is a backup password, you will see it in the Keychain Access. Double-click the backup and in the new window that will open, click on the "show password" checkbox
- Enter the Mac administrator password to reveal the lost password associated with the encrypted iPhone backup.
Do methods above help you unlock iPad mini 3 backup password? If you find the above-mentioned 2 tips useful, you can share with your friends. And if you find another solution to solve iPad backup password problems, be sure to share with us, too.