“My Acer Aspire 5552 does not start up. When I press the power button, it lights up, and the power on led indicator turns on as well, and you can hear the CD drive running, however the screen remains black screen. I shined a flashlight on it, and saw nothing. It does work on an external monitor, though. What's causing this and how can I fix it?”
-from Tom’s Guide Forum
No matter running Windows 10, 8.1, 8, Vista or XP, Acer Aspire laptop goes to a black screen may be caused by a plenty of different reasons. However, if you have Acer Aspire 5552 desktop/laptop goes to a black screen, then it is a pity that you have no ways but to fix it as soon as possible, otherwise you couldn’t use it as usual. In this article, you will learn how to fix Acer Aspire 5552 black screen of death with common ways and ultimate method.
Part 1: Common Ways to Repair Acer Aspire 5552 Black Screen
Usually when a computer gets black screen, you could try to do it yourself to fix the errors by using the common ways. In other works, the following options are some Acer users who get experience in black screen, summarize and share their methods with us. You can try them first of all.
- Restart Acer Computer. This is the almighty way. Many users reboot their PC and then find everything is okay soon.
- Clear CMOS. Check if it runs usually.
- Update BIOS.
- Replace CPU.
- Reseat RAM memory.
- Try HDMI cable with TV.
- Get screen on external monitor. Check your display settings to ensure the built-in display is primary.
- Remove battery and power cord, press power button for 30 seconds
- Press Fn & ESC, add power cord, then press power button.
- Open anti-virus software to check whether it is caused by virus damage.
If the above options are not working, below is a new solution for you.
Part 2: Fix Acer Aspire 5552 Black Screen with Windows Boot Genius
The ultimate method to fix Acer black screen is to take advantage of Windows Boot Genius software. This powerful yet professional tool is designed to fix all Windows boot issues, such as black/blue screen, computer crashes, desktop/laptop restarting or freeze, etc.
- Step 1. Get Windows Boot Genius from official website on another PC, then install and launch it.
- Step 2. When you see the whole interface, prepare a USB flash drive and then connect it to your computer. Then the software will recognize it.
- Step 3. Choose the USB flash drive and then click “Burn” button. It will burn the software to USB.
- Step 4. Change the lock’s computer BIOS setting to boot from your above USB. Then exit BIOS and reboot it again.
- Step 5. Then you are going to see the main interface of Windows Boot Genius. Just choose “Windows Rescue” and tap “Crash before loading bar” on the left side of the “Solution Center” menu.
- Step 6. The software will provide the solution of black screen and rescue your Acer Aspire 5552 for you.
Done! That’s the practical alternative to fix Acer Aspire 552 black screen/dead screen issue. To get more tips about how to fix computer, try to click here. You can also share your personal experience in using Acer Aspire with us in the comment area.