Lost or forgot Windows 8.1 administrator login password and unable to log on to your PC? This may be one of the most frustrating things that can happen to you on Windows 8.1. Fortunately, here you will learn 3 useful methods to recover Windows 8.1 administrator password.
1. Recover Windows 8.1 Local Administrator Password with Third-party Software
In order to save time and keep data on the locked computer undamaged, you can follow my recommendation to use Windows Password Recovery Tool, which can hack/change Windows 8.1 administrator password as well as any other user passwords for both local account and Microsoft account within minutes.
- Download and install Windows Password Recovery Tool on a workable computer and launch it.
- Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive to the workable computer; choose a way to burn a password reset disk. There are 2 ways to do so: Quick Recovery and Advanced Recovery Wizard.
- Insert the created reset disk into the locked computer and restart the locked computer, then you need to set BIOS to boot the computer from the disk. If your computer with Windows 8.1 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly.
- On the showed program after several steps, you can see a list of accounts, choose the administrator account and follow instructions remained.
2. Recover Windows 8.1 Admin Password by Password Reset Disk Created before
After creating a login account for your Windows 8.1, you can choose to create a password reset disk in case that you forget or lose the password and can't access to your PC someday. If you did create a password reset disk, you can use it to reset lost administrator password Windows 8.1 without any effort. (Unfortunately failed to create one, seek help from Windows Password Recovery Tool for Windows 8.1 admin password recovery).
- Sign in Windows 8.1 with a wrong password, then under the password box will appear the option of "Reset password". Click it.
- After that, the password reset wizard shows. Insert the password reset disk into the computer.
- Follow instructions on the reset wizard to change or reset your login password.
3. Recover Windows 8.1 Admin Password with a Super Administrator Account
There is a built-in Administrator account in Windows 8.1 which has no password. It is different from a normal administrator account and has super privileges over other accounts. If the super account has been enabled before you lost password, you can use it to crack Windows 8.1 administrator password or just remove it. Here are detailed steps:
- After you start your PC, you will see a list of accounts on the computer; choose the super administrator account to log into your computer.
- Now you can change or remove Windows 8.1 administrator password from "Start-> Control Panel-> User Accounts->Sign-in Options" easily.
Now you have known three ways to crack Windows 8.1 administrator password. Choose an appropriate way, follow the steps and you can enjoy your PC again.