NTLDR, short for NT Loader, is the boot loader for Windows OS. It loaded from the hard drive boot sector that displays the Microsoft Windows NT startup menu and helps Windows NT load. But sometimes you may receive the NTLDR is missing error and can't boot you computer. In this article, I will explore the different ways NTLDR error displayed, cause of NTLDR errors and how to fix NTLDR is missing error in Windows 8.
"NTLDR is missing" error may present itself in different ways in Windows 8. Below I list some common NTLDR error messages:
- 1. NTLDR is Missing Press any key to restart
- 2. Boot: Couldn't find NTLDR Please insert another disk
- 3. NTLDR is missing Press Ctrl Alt Del to Restart
"NTLDR is missing" error can be caused by many reasons; below I list some of them:
- 1. Computer is booting from a non-bootable source.
- 2. Computer hard drive is not properly setup in CMOS.
- 3. Corrupt NTLDR and NTDETECT.COM file.
- 4. Misconfiguration with the boot.ini file.
- 5. New hard drive being added.
- 6. Corrupt boot sector or master boot record.
- 7. Loose or Faulty IDE/EIDE hard drive cable.
- 8. Failing to enable USB keyboard support in the BIOS.
Now come to the key part of this article – how to fix NTLDR is missing Windows 8. Search from the Internet, you'll find all kinds of ways to repair NTLDR is missing error in Windows 8. However most of these ways are difficult to understand let alone operate.
Here I recommend Windows Boot Genius which can restore NTLDR is missing error in Windows 8 with easy 1-2-3 step. Before that, download and install Windows Boot Genius in a computer which can boot normally and run this software.
- Run Windows Boot Genius and insert a blank CD or USB into the workable computer and click "Burn" to create a bootable CD or USB.
- Insert the bootable CD or USB to your problem computer and press F12 to access the Boot Menu. Select the CD or USB as the first boot device.
- After that, launch Windows Boot Genius. Choose "Windows Rescue" on the top tab. Try the repair solutions offered here one by one, until the NTLDR is missing error is fixed.
Follow these 3 steps, you can easily have the "NTLDR is missing" error fixed with Windows Boot Genius. If you still have any questions about the "NTLDR is missing" error in Windows 8, please be free to leave a message here and I'll have your problem solved as soon as possible.