Windows password is the first safeguard of computer security. Aside from wasting time to enter the password each time if you are the single user, situation gets worse as you forgot the password to login Windows 8. In this article, I list 2 ways for you to disable forgotten Windows 8 password.
Method 1: Disable Windows 8 Logon Password with Windows Password Recovery
If you forgot the password to login Windows 8, then you have to disable the password to regain your access. Luckily, you can easily disable login password in Windows 8 with a powerful password recovery tool. And Windows Password Recovery Tool is a good example of this tool.
Below is a detailed guide about how to use Windows Password Recovery tool to remove Windows 8 login password.
- Download Windows Password Recovery Tool in any computer you can access. Run the software after the installation.
- Follow steps below to create a Windows 8 password recovery tool USB/CD/DVD:
- 1. Insert a CD/DVD disk or USB flash to the workable computer.
- 2. Burn a password reset disk either with Quick Recovery or Advanced Recovery Wizard.
- After that, take out the password reset disk and insert it into your locked computer. Now set your computer to boot from the CD/DVD-ROM/USB. If your computer with Windows 8 preinstalled uses UEFI, you should disable UEFI Secure Boot firstly.
- After that, Windows Password Recovery Tool appears on your screen. Select the target Windows system user account you want to resmove and tick "Remove the password", and click "Next". You can remove the Microsoft account password directly, but just reset it.
- Click "Reboot" to crack your forgotten Windows password. After the process ended, you'll turn off Windows 8 password successfully.
World's 1st Windows Password Recovery Software to Reset Windows Administrator & User Password.Free Download Free Download
Method 2: Disable Windows 8 Logon Password with Command Prompt
Command Prompt is also a way to disable forgotten Windows 8 password if you can login into your computer with another available administrator account. If you are the only user on this computer, or you lost the password for administrator, turn to Windows Password Recovery Tool.
- Press "Win Key+R" and type "cmd" in the "Run" command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
- Type the command "net user UserName *", in the command prompt and hit "Enter". Then the password of this user account will be removed instantly.
Additional Tips: How to Disable the Windows 8 Password Screen?
Don't want to enter the password every time you sign into the Windows 8? You can easily bypass Windows 8 password screen following steps below.
- Boot your PC and enter your password. Open command prompt (shortcut "Windows key+R") and type "netplwiz".
- Click on the User Accounts Control Panel, appears in the search results in the left pane.
- Click off the check-box above the account that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer." Click OK.
- Enter your password once and then a second time to confirm it. Click OK.
- Next time you boot your PC, Windows will automatically take you to the Start screen.
To sum up, we have introduced 2 password crack methods and a useful tip for your reference. If you forgot Windows 8 password, just try Windows Password Recovery Tool to disable Windows 8 password at startup efficiently.