Since iOS 6 was released last fall, it has been popular among Apple users for its remarkable features such as tighter integration with Facebook, gorgeous 3D maps, the useful Phone apps. Attracted by its new features, most iPhone 4S users would like to update their phone to the latest iOS 6.
However, many problems occurred when upgrading to iOS 6. Lots of people complained that they lost contacts from iPhone 4S address book after upgrading iOS 6. This has been a serious problem and many users asked how to recover contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 update. It is easy to recover missing iPhone 4S contacts after iOS 6 update, if you have ever synced your iPhone 4S with iTunes and have creates backup files of your iPhone 4S.
But what if you don't have any backup of your iPhone 4S files? Then iPhone 4S Data Recovery would be a great assistance for you to retrieve deleted contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 update. It can recover wiped files directly from iPhone without backup and recover iPhone data by extracting iTunes backup file.
Updated: Lost iPhone 4S contacts after iOS 7.1 upgrade? Methods below also can save you out from contacts loss after iOS 7.1 upgrade.
How to Recover Contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 Update?
iPhone 4S Data Recovery is recommended for its user-friendly interface and easy steps to operate. Below is the detailed guide of how to restore contacts on iPhone 4S after iOS 6 update.
Case 1: Recover deleted contacts from iPhone 4s after iOS 6 update without backup
You can recover contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 upgrade directly from your device without iTunes backup. Here is how:
- 1. After downloading and installing, run iPhone 4S Data Recovery and connect your iPhone 4S to your computer.
- 2. Click "Start Scan". iPhone 4S Data Recovery will scan your lost contacts as well as other data on your iPhone 4S.
- 3. Choose contacts you want and click "Recover" to recover deleted contacts from iPhone 4s after iOS 6 update.
Case 2: Recover contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 upgrade from iTunes backup
You can also recover your lost contacts from iTunes backup with powerful iPhone Data Recovery.
- 1. Select the backup file you want to recover.
- 2. Click "Start Scan" and preview deleted contacts on your iPhone 4S.
- 3. Click "Recover" to restore your lost contacts.
Case 3: Recover contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 upgrade from iCloud backup
If you have backed up your iPhone data with iCloud, you can restore iPhone contacts from iCloud backup with iPhone Data Recovery as well.
- 1. Switch to "Recover Data from iCloud Backup File" from the top menu and sign into your iCloud account.
- 2. Select your backup file and click "Next" to download. Click "OK" when it completes.
- 3. Preview and select your wanted files to restore by clicking "Recover".
How to Remove Facebook Friends from Your iPhone Contact List in iOS 6?
After updating iOS 6, you will find your iPhone contact list is littered with all of your Facebook friends. This is because of iOS 6's tighter integration with Facebook. However you may dislike a contacts list with hundreds of Facebook friends.
There is a way to remove it: go to Settings and find Facebook. For the Facebook setting, you'll see a section titled Allow These Apps to Use Your Account. Tap the slider to off for Contacts. Now you contact list only shows the contacts you entered.
So, you can easily remove Facebook friends from your iPhone contact list. And recovering deleted contacts from iPhone 4S after iOS 6 update is also easy with the help of iPhone 4S Data Recovery.