Bought a used computer from a pawn shop, but it is password locked? Your Dad changed your Windows 7 admin account and can't remember the password now? Many of us may come across this awkward scenario. Lost Windows 7 password is no big deal if you have made a Windows 7 password key disk in advance. However, if you don't have a reset disk or USB drive, thing will be much complicated. Nevertheless, it is possible to reset Windows 7 password. The article below states two methods on how to reset a password on Windows 7.
How to Reset Windows 7 Password?
Method 1. Reset Windows 7 Password with Reset Disk
Error message says "The user name or password is incorrect" will pop up to you if you enter the wrong password. If you are lucky enough to have a reset disk already, you can follow user password reset wizard here to reset password.
- 1. In Windows 7 log on screen, you can see "Reset password" below the password dialogue box. Click it to start the reset process.
- 2. In the pop up Windows 7 Password Reset Wizard, click "Next" to continue.
- 3. Insert the password reset disk to the computer, select it and click "Next".
- 4. Now you are in "Reset the User Account Password" screen. Type the new password and password hint there. Then click "Next".
- 5. Click "Finish" to close the password reset wizard.
Method 2. Using Windows 7 Password Reset Software
If there is no reset disk available, don't worry! Windows 7 Password Recovery Tool allows you to create a password reset disk and bypass locked computer. Here is the detailed tutorial.
- Step 1. Create a Password Reset Disk:
Download Windows 7 Password Reset Software (Windows Password Recovery Tool) and install it in any available computer. Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB drive to the computer. Launch the program, select CD/DVD or USB device, then click "Burn" button to start creating.
- Step 2. Boot Up Locked Computer from Created CD/DVD or USB Drive:
Insert created CD/DVD or USB Drive to the locked computer and change the BIOS setting to boot from CD/DVD-ROM or USB Drive.
Check here to see how to change BIOS setting::
Set BIOS to Boot from CD/DVD-ROM
Set BIOS to Boot from USB Drive
Step 3. Reset Password in Windows 7
- 1. Windows Password Recovery Tool will run automatically. Select Windows 7 installation and "Reset your password" option. Then click "Next".
- 2. Highlight the user account and "Remove the password", then click "Next" to erase forgotten password,
- 3. Your password will be set to blank one at a time. When that finished, click "Reboot" to restart the computer and logon PC with no password.
Note: Please remember to eject the CD/DVD and USB drive before rebooting.
Video Guide about How to Reset Login Password for Windows 7
World's 1st Windows Password Recovery Software to Reset Windows Administrator & User Password.Free Download Free Download