The above may happen to many of us, and many more users of Apple's products have lost their mind when lost iPhone Backup password. Here are 3 tips for you to find lost iPhone, iPad or iPod backup password.Free Download
Tip I : Ask Apple to Help You Find the Lost iPhone Backup Password
Try to seek help from Apple's support service. To do this you need firstly find the support page on the official site of Apple and then log in with your Apple ID. Next, all you should do is follow the instructions and do as Apple says if you remember all your information clearly.
Tip II: Try Some Passwords that May Be Your Lost iPhone Backup Password
- 1. Try your iTunes Store password first. This may be the most commonly used password to restore your backup.
- 2. Try 0000 as the password, sometimes the default password is in fact, 0000.
- 3. Sometimes, the password can be a really old iTunes password that you set a long time ago but have changed it. The original password is sometimes your backup password. This may be a bug in iTunes but try it and see if it works.
- 4. If you are using Windows, the only thing left to try will be to change your iTunes password on your actual account to access the iTunes Store. Then on the backup password dialogue, try the old password and the newly set password.
Tip III: Use iPhone Backup Unlocker to Find Lost iPhone Backup Password
Sometimes we are just not that lucky and we failed to find lost iPhone backup password even if we've tried many ways. Don't worry, we could ask third party software for help. The program I am about to introduce has a superb performance in finding lost iPhone backup password, which enables you to use the password to get all the purchased music, TV shows, apps, photos, contacts, etc. in your iTunes backup. This program works perfectly in iPhone backup password recovery no matter whether you can't remember the password or just haven't set one.
The steps to use are very simple and shown as below.
Step 1. Import iPhone Backup Key Container File
Press "Open" and the program will automatically detect and find directory of the key container file for you. You only need to click the file to finish the importing.
Step 2. Select an Attack Type and Define the Settings
I. Before allowing the program to start finding your lost iPhone backup password, you need to select an attack type. You could see from the pictures below that the iPhone Backup Unlocker offers three types of attack.
- Brute-force Attack - This attack will try all combinations of passwords, also, it requires the longest time. Choose it when you get no clue of the long and complicated passwords.
- Brute-force with Mask Attack - Use this attack when you still remember part of your password, say the approximate minimum and maximum length of the password.
- Dictionary Attack - This attack seeks password based on a built-in or self-created dictionary.
II. After this you are required to define the specific items of the attacks such as password length, character range, etc., which will help to speed up the decryption process.
Step 3. Click "Start" to Find the Lost iPhone Backup Password
After all these you could finally click the "Start" button on the bottom of the interface to initiate the program.
What's cool about the lost iPhone Backup Password Unlocker is that it works equally well on many iOS products, which means that you could use it to find iPod or iPad backup password as well.