Recently, Apple has released iOS 6.1.4 for iPhone 5 users, which is an updated audio profile for speakerphone. According to some iPhone 5 users' experience, it is said that the iOS 6.1.4 has a good performance on iPhone 5: 4G LTE remains strong, no Wi-Fi issues, UI is smooth, iMessage issues have died down, etc.
If you wish to experience this new version, you can follow the solutions below to update your iPhone 5 to iOS 6.1.4.
How to Update Your iPhone 5 to iOS 6.1.4
Solution 1: Update iPhone 5 to iOS 6.1.4 via iTunes
- Ensure that you are using the latest version of iTunes
- Connect your iPhone 5 to your computer with a USB cable.
- After iTunes opens, your iPhone 5 will appear in iTunes under Devices. Choose your device.
- In the Summary pane, click "Check for Update" to check for the newest updated version.
- iTunes will prompt you that the iOS 6.1.3 is available and you can click "Download and Update" button to finish the update process.
Note: Do not disconnect your iPhone 5 until the update has finished.
Solution 2: Update iOS 6.1.4 for iPhone 5 Wirelessly
- Connect iPhone 5 to a Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update. iOS will check the newest available update version automatically.
- Tap "Download" to download the iOS 6.1.4
- Tap "Install" to update your iOS after the download has finished.
Note: If you leave the update to download in the background, you will receive a notification for available update of iOS 6.1.4 once the download has finished. You can tap "Details" and tap "Install" to update the iOS.
Tips for updating your iPhone 5 to iOS 6.1.4
Make sure your iPhone 5 is backed up with iTunes or to iCloud before you update iOS 6.1.4, or else you would experience data loss. After updating, you may find iTunes keeps asking you for a password when you want to restore your backup files. If you haven't set up such a password, or you forgot the backup password that you have set up, try iPhone Backup Unlocker to help you unlock the lost password and regain access to your data such as photos, messages, contacts, videos, etc.