Bought a used computer from a pawn shop, but it is password locked? Your Dad changed your Windows 7 admin account and can't remember the password now? Many of us may come across this awkward scenario. Lost Windows 7 password is no big deal if you have made a Windows 7 password key disk in advance. However, if you don't have a reset disk or USB drive, thing will be much complicated. Nevertheless, it is possible to reset user password Windows 7. The article below states two methods on how to reset a password on Windows 7.
Method 1. Reset Windows 7 Password with Reset Disk
Error message says "The user name or password is incorrect" will pop up to you if you enter the wrong password. If you are lucky enough to have a reset disk already, you can follow user password reset wizard here to reset password.
1. In Windows 7 log on screen, you can see "Reset password" below the password dialogue box. Click it to start the reset process.
2. In the pop up Windows 7 Password Reset Wizard, click "Next" to continue.
3. Insert the password reset disk to the computer, select it and click "Next".
4. Now you are in "Reset the User Account Password" screen. Type the new password and password hint there. Then click "Next".
5. Click "Finish" to close the password reset wizard.
Method 2. Using Windows 7 User Password Reset Software
If there is no reset disk available, don't worry! Windows Password Recovery Software allows you to create a password reset disk and bypass locked computer. Here is the detailed tutorial.
Step 1. Create a Password Reset Disk: Download Windows 7 Password Reset and install it in any available computer. Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB drive to the computer. Launch the program, select CD/DVD or USB device, then click "Burn" button to start creating.
Step 2. Boot Up Locked Computer from Created CD/DVD or USB Drive: Insert created CD/DVD or USB Drive to the locked computer and change the BIOS setting to boot from CD/DVD-ROM or USB Drive.