Here you will find comprehensive and accurate answers to any order questions about Tenorshare Tools. Besides, our support team is always available 24 hours per day.
At present the iPhone Data Recovery tools could not scan&recover deleted videos&photos from iPhone 4S/5 directly. You can use the second mode ( Recover files from iTunes backup file mode) to recover videos&photos in iPhone 4S/5.
If you are using iPhone 3GS/4, the program supports to scan&recover from the device directly.
Due to the different computer working status, you are recommended to install the program on another computer to use when malfunction occurs during scanning.
It is possible that there are incompatible contents to cause unexpectedly shutdown. In this case, try more times, and install this program on another computer for use if possible.
Meanwhile, we suggest you recover the data from iTunes backup file if you've made backup in iTunes.
Tenorshare are working continuously on the updating version periodically to optimize and enhance the software performance. All purchased customer enjoy full life-time updates for free.
When you do not save the backup file in the specified path, you can click Import Backup File option to import the backup file manually.
The specified path to save the iTunes Backup File:
Windows XP or lower
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup
Windows Vista or above
MAC OS X computers
This is because these photos have been overwritten or damaged when new data is writeen to the drive.
As soon as you realized that you've mistakenly deleted or lost important data, you'd better not use your iPhone/iPad/iPod for anything. Any operation on your iDevice like sending/receiving messages, calling/receiving calls can overwrite your lost data and make them unrecoverable.
Follow these steps to restore your iPhone and hopefully get it working again:
1. Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable.
2. Press and hold Sleep/Wake and Home until the device resets.
3. When the Apple logo appears release Sleep/Wake. Continue to hold the Home button until you see the prompt to connect the device to iTunes appear on the screen. The screen will have a USB connector pointing to an iTunes logo.
4. Open iTunes if it doesn't start automatically. A message should appear that says iTunes has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK on this dialog box.
5. Click the Restore button on the Summary screen. When prompted, click Restore and Update. This will restore the device to factory default settings.
6. Follow the menus to complete the restore. It usually takes about 10 minutes for the process to complete. Be sure to leave the device connected to the computer with iTunes open. Do not interrupt the recovery process or your device may end up ‘bricked'.
Once the restore process is complete, see if your device works now. If not, you may want to try to manually flash the device with a firmware file.
Please repair hard drives and disk permissions using Disk Utility:
Launch Disk Utility, located at /Applications/Utilities/.
1. Select the 'First Aid' tab.
2. In the left-hand pane, select a volume you wish to run Repair Permissions on. (Remember, the volume must contain a bootable copy of OS X.
3. Click the 'Repair Disk Permissions' button.
If you could not find the lost/deleted data by choosing Recover Data from iOS Device, this may because the lost/deleted data has been overwirtten. As soon as you realized that you've mistakenly deleted or lost important data, you'd better not use your device for anything. Any new operation on the device like sending/receiving messages, calling/receiving calls can overwrite your lost data and make them unrecoverable.
If you've synchronized the iOS device with iTunes before, you can use the seond mode: Recover Data from iTunes Backup File.
Two circumstances will cause this:
1. You've synchronized the iOS device with iTunes after the data lost, and thus the iTunes has updated the backup file by erasing the former data.
2. You've not backed up the data with iTunes before data lost.
If you deleted the data not long ago, please try Recover from iOS Device.