Forgot password to login Windows 8 and want to recover Windows 8 password free? Password forgotten is really common today as keeping tracks with all passwords is really difficult, sometimes you just forget or misplace one. Here I list 5 tools for you to perform free Windows 8 password recovery.
World's 1st Windows Password Recovery Software to Reset Windows Administrator & User Password.Free Download Free Download
Solution 1: Recover Windows 8 Local Password with Free Windows 8 Password Recovery USB
Never to worry about forgetting Windows 8 password if you create a password reset USB (disk) after password protecting your PC. Just take out this free Windows 8 password recovery disk (USB), insert it in the target PC and perform free Windows 8 password recovery as follows:
- Click on the Reset password link after typing the wrong password.
- Insert Windows password reset disk and follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
- Log on your Windows 8 with the new creative password.
Solution 2: Recover Windows 8 Local Login Password Free Using Lusrmgr.msc
Command lusrmgr.msc is a simple way that lets you reset windows 8 password free but required the administrator access. If you are able to log into your PC through another admin account, perform free Windows 8 password recovery as follows:
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run dialog, type lusrmgr.msc, and click "OK".
- In the left pane, click "Users". Right click the local user account that you want to change the password for, and click "Set Password". Then click "Proceed".
Solution 3: Recover Windows 8 Password Free with Admin Account in Control Panel
When you forgot Windows 8 password, you can log into another admin account and change your forgotten password freely.
- Login the target Windows 8 PC as administrator.
- Press "Windows + I" to open the settings window, type user accounts in the search box, and then click on User Accounts in the search results.
- Click on "Manage another account" on User Accounts window and select the account you want to perform free Windows 8 password recovery. Click "Change password".
Solution 4: Recover Windows 8 Login Password Free through Command Prompt
If you can sign into the target Windows 8 using another admin account, you can also reset password Windows 8 free from the command prompt.
- Press "Win Key+R" and type "cmd" in the "Run" command box and hit enter to open command prompt.
- Type the command "net user UserName NewPassword *", in the command prompt and hit "Enter". Then the password of this user account will be recovered instantly.
Solution 5: Recover Windows 8 Password with Free Windows 8 Password Recovery Tool
Above methods either requires previously-created password reset disk or require you to sign into with another admin account. If they don't work for you, a free Windows 8 password recovery tool is worth a try. Here we introduce Ophcrack, an easy-to-use password recovery tool but is only available to reset password under 14 characters.
- Use an accessible computer to visit the site and download the free ISO image.
- Burn the ISO image to a CD.
- Reboot your locked Windows computer from the CD.
- Recover your PC password.
To sum up, we have covered 5 free Windows 8 password recovery software programs in this article. But they all work under certain situations. So if they don't work for you or you don't have time to try them one by one, just go to versatile Windows 8 Password Recovery Tool to recover Windows 8 password instantly.