Sometimes, you need to change your Windows 7password on a regular basis to help keep your PC secure or need to change password for another user account in Windows 7 when another user on your computer has forgotten their password. Thus, this article offers you a step-by-step guide about how to change the password for your or another user account in Windows 7. Just keep reading.Free Download Free Download
Below I list 2 ways for you to change your Windows 7 login password. Note that these methods require you remember your current password. (Forgot your password, click here to see how to change forgotten Windows 7 password with password recovery tool or change Windows 7 password with cmd.)
Way 1: Change Your Password in Windows 7 through Control Panel
This is the most commonly way to change your windows 7 password on administrator or a standard user.
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and Family Safety -> User Accounts. Choose Change your password.
- In the following screen, type the new password you would like to use and a password hint. Click Change password to confirm your change.
Way 2: Change Password for Your User Account in Windows 7 with Windows Security Screen
Windows Security Screen (also CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen) has the option for you to change password in Windows 7.
- Press Ctrl-Alt-Del on your keyboard after logged onto your computer. This will call up the Windows Security Screen (also CTRL+ALT+DEL Screen). Click on Change a password…
- On the next screen, make sure that the top field shows "business\" before your username, and then enter your current and new password. Then click on the blue arrow pointing right. Your password must be changed successfully.
Changing password for another user account is the easiest way to help him or her to get around a lost Windows password. Below I will show you how to change another user's password in Windows 7.
- Click start, and then go to Control Panel->User Accounts and Family Safety-> User Accounts. (Or simply click on the User Accounts icon in control panel.)
- Click on "Mange another account" under "Make changes to your user account".
- Click on the account that you want to change the password for.
- In the following screen, type the new password twice and a password hint. Click Change password to confirm your change.
To sum up, we have introduced 2 ways for you to change password for your account and a way to change password for another user account in Windows 7, hopefully can help you.