I forgot my administrator password to my Acer Aspire. Is it possible to reset password for Acer Aspire? The answer to this question is definitely yes. The article below shows you two methods to perform Acer password reset.
Method 1. Reset Acer Windows 7 Password with Software
You should promise that this program only be used on your own computer, never try to use it to hack other person's login password without permission. Remember this? Then follow the guide to check how to do Acer Aspire one Netbook password reset.
Create an Acer Windows 7 Password Reset Disk
Download Windows Password Recovery Tool and install it in any accessible computer. Launch the program. In the main interface, you are allowed to create a password reset CD/DVD or USB drive. Insert a blank CD/DVD or USB Drive to the computer, select it and then click "Burn" to start creating.
Boot Locked Acer from CD/DVD or USB Drive
Insert the newly created CD/DVD or USB drive to the inaccessible computer, change the BIOS setting and make it boot from CD/DVD or USB Drive.
Click here to see how to set BIOS to boot from CD/DVD-ROM
Click here to see how to set BIOS to boot from the USB Flash Drive
Remove Lost Acer Windows 7 Password
3.1. Select your current locked Windows 7 operating system and click "Next" to continue.
3.2. All users account will list there. Check the user account you have lost the password and then click "Next".
3.3. The password will be removed in no time. Click "Reboot" button to restart the computer and log on PC without any password. Before booting up, please take out the CD/DVD and USB drive from the computer.
The above way to find lost Acer Windows 7 password with Windows Password Recovery Tool also works on any Acer Desktop/Notebook/Netbook/AIOs/Tablet based on Windows.
Predator G and T
Aspire M and T
Method 2. Bypass Acer Aspire Password with Password Reset Disk
Have you got a recovery or password disk when you purchase the laptop? If so, you can follow the tutorial below to bypass Acer Aspire forgot password.
1. Windows will display a message says the password is wrong if you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on. When you see that message, click "OK" to close the message.
2. Click "Reset password", and then insert password recovery disk to your Acer computer.
3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset wizard to create a new password.
4. Log on Acer computer with the new password.
Acer eRecovery Password Reset
The eRecovery is a utility that we Acer users can be used to restore pc to the factory setting or a pointed custom settings we created or stored on some removable media or hard drive. To enter eRecovery, there will need a password. Someone may change the defaulted password "000000" to a new one. Then how to reset forgotten Acer eRecovery password if lost? The three easy steps below will help you:
1. Open the eRecovery passwords' kept location - PQService. It was a hidden rescue partition. There will be a file “aimdrs.dat.” Then right click, choose “Open with” and then “Textpad,” “Notepad” or another text editor you like.
2. Open the file with the editor you choose and find the eRecovery password. Find the words: “Password=password name,” "Hint=the password hint.” Remember the password and close the .dat file.
3. Open eRecovery using the recovered password and then create a new one.